Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/JL LAX-SIN $840 RT PE ($723 via IAP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

This seems like a pretty good price on this route that is fairly open for the next few months. ITA Matrix says that three transfers are allowed in each direction but I didn't try to price that out. One stopover is allowed in Asia in each direction for $100 each and HIP check doesn't apply to Japan. I was able to successfully price that out. Earns a considerable number of AS miles (17,500) because of the long distances.

American Express IAP brings the price down to $723 round trip on certain dates for the round trip:

Brings it down to $842 for the stopover:

Barkinpark, E55, TEDisgone and 2 others like this.

Last edited by nickohrn; Oct 3, 2019 at 4:54 pm Reason: Added a newline where one was lost.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for this. It nets 3x eqd on AA.
donotblink and nickohrn like this.

Last edited by frebay; Oct 6, 2019 at 10:00 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Given AA can't get you to SIN and JL doesn't offer premium economy between TYO and SIN, there would have to be some regular economy segments in the mix, no?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by work2fly
Given AA can't get you to SIN and JL doesn't offer premium economy between TYO and SIN, there would have to be some regular economy segments in the mix, no?
GF and ITA Matrix both list PE on a 777 on NRT-SIN. Unless those are both lying to us, I'm assuming they're actually offering PE.

Edit: Clicking through to book on JL's website shows PE on that segment as well. Maybe they're offering it now where they didn't before? I don't have intimate knowledge of what products are currently or were in the past on that route.

Last edited by nickohrn; Oct 3, 2019 at 5:08 pm Reason: Fixed my grammar
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by work2fly
I actually booked a similar fare from SEA-SIN about a month ago on AA outbound and JL return. SIN-NRT is in PE on JL at least according to the fare, website and seat map. Can also waitlist PE to J on AA for 25K + $350.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Originally Posted by nickohrn
GF and ITA Matrix both list PE on a 777 on NRT-SIN. Unless those are both lying to us, I'm assuming they're actually offering PE.

Edit: Clicking through to book on JL's website shows PE on that segment as well. Maybe they're offering it now where they didn't before? I don't have intimate knowledge of what products are currently or were in the past on that route.
They have been using B777 to HND mostly with PE config. Flew 4-5 times in the past two to three years.
E55 and nickohrn like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for this, I also see this fare from SFO! For example: Apr 6-14 SFO-HND-SIN and back for $840 in PE all the way.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Yeap. Actually the plane cycles NRT-SIN-HND-SIN-NRT. JL moved to all 772 for Singapore a few years back.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:48 pm

Great deal. Too bad looks like requires 1 week stay.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Booked to SIN. Thanks OP. Amex IAP got some additional discount.
nickohrn likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Very good price. Especially since it's open during July and August too!
nickohrn likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:37 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Dont forget as of March 1st 2020 you cant credit AA international flights to Alaska.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I was able to route through ORD in return for $50 extra.(from SFO). Other destinations in Asia (BKK, KUL, TPE) are also available for a little more.
nickohrn likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nort
Booked to SIN. Thanks OP. Amex IAP got some additional discount.
I've got AMEX Plat, but never booked through IAP....I see the discount applied to the flights if I choose dates in March, but not July....are there typically black-out dates for the discount?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Lots
Great fare OP! Unless I’m mistaken 4 of these gets mighty close to EXP (short 1k EQD). Cheapest route to EXP I’ve seen in quite awhile.

Earnings on AS not nearly as exciting as no bonuses.☹️
E55 and nickohrn like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.