Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC/KQ: LAX-NBO in Business $2,172

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

This appears to be an Air Canada business fare from Los Angeles to Nairobi. It will pop up on Kayak/Momondo searches, linking to FlightNetwork for purchase, but it doesn't appear on GF/ITA searches. The flights are AC transatlantic and KQ between Europe and Kenya.

Example via Kayak: LAX-NBO -- $2,172

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
There is an AC base fare of $2k on this route but it has a $1200 YQ tacked on to it when booked. But if you back out the YQ, the fare and random taxes is suspiciously close to what you posted. I suspect this is an OTA mis-validating and dumping the YQ.
qupasyd and mlqsko like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
There is an AC base fare of $2k on this route but it has a $1200 YQ tacked on to it when booked. But if you back out the YQ, the fare and random taxes is suspiciously close to what you posted. I suspect this is an OTA mis-validating and dumping the YQ.
Thanks, that's interesting to know.

I have found that departure isn't limited to LAX. I see the same price out of LAS, DEN, and MIA, for example. HNL is included as well:

HNL-NBO -- $2,171

thaitraveller and Goaguy like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I tried SFO and it didn't show up, so not everywhere in the west.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
But I tried SFO and it didn't show up, so not everywhere in the west.
Right, I didn't see any SFO itineraries pricing as low as $2,172. The best I saw was $2,528. (The routing there includes AC YYZ-DXB, meaning more mileage for crediting to Star-Alliance programs, at least.)

The AC fare on these routes is set to expire on August 19.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by qupasyd
Right, I didn't see any SFO itineraries pricing as low as $2,172. The best I saw was $2,528. (The routing there includes AC YYZ-DXB, meaning more mileage for crediting to Star-Alliance programs, at least.)

The AC fare on these routes is set to expire on August 19.
sample dates on AC/YYZ-DXB?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's an interesting combination of carriers since KQ is SkyTeam while AC is in *A, although obviously they interline with each other.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileageking
sample dates on AC/YYZ-DXB?
Yes, my post includes a link to Kayak for SFO-NBO from 02/15 to 03/01. SFO-YUL-CDG-NBO on the outbound, NBO-DXB-YYZ-SFO on the inbound for $2,528.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.