Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Arn/akl qatar q suite £2137

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airponts

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...p:2.GBP.213676

Qatar are now flying Q suite DOH to AKL 16 hours. Lots of availability October/November

SYD available for 2K
MM00LL2 and Fliar like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: FB Gold, Sixt Gold
That's a really good deal, half the cost of flying to AKL from Germany!!

Seems ARN has quite a few cheap biz deals to various places (not just Qatar, but *A and ST also). A quick €100 positioning flight can save literally thousands. I wonder if they're trying to raise ARN's profile as an international hub?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Reload
That's a really good deal, half the cost of flying to AKL from Germany!!

Seems ARN has quite a few cheap biz deals to various places (not just Qatar, but *A and ST also). A quick €100 positioning flight can save literally thousands. I wonder if they're trying to raise ARN's profile as an international hub?
Or I wonder if it has anything to do with the growth of the "flygskam" movement in Sweden reducing the demand for air travel?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: FB Gold, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Or I wonder if it has anything to do with the growth of the "flygskam" movement in Sweden reducing the demand for air travel?
Good point, either way it's a win for me!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: SK*D, HHonors D
Departure OSL/TRF seems to be some 100 GBP cheaper. ex-CPH for ~100 GBP more.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:01 am

The DOH to AKL flight is over 9000 miles alone. If you have to fly 16+ hours non stop you might as well spend it in a Q Suite!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:21 am

There is no qsuite on DOH-AKL
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:32 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by qwertyx64
There is no qsuite on DOH-AKL
QR themselves disagree with you, as per the Asia-Pacific section of the dedicated Qsuite page: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/onboard/qsuite.html
Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, is your gateway to spectacular coastlines and lush forest landscapes. This 21st-century city is no more than half an hour from a stunning beach, whichever direction you travel.

Flight no: QR 920/921
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: airponts
Yes Q suite started on AKL/DOH in June
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Snuggs

The chief executive of one of Scandinavia’s largest airlines has blamed the “flight shame” movement for a fall in passenger numbers in Sweden, where concern about climate change has inspired people to give up flying.

Rickard Gustafson, chief executive of SAS, told Norwegian newspaper Dagens Næringsliv that he was “convinced” the movement was behind a slump in Swedish air traffic, which reportedly fell by five per cent in the first quarter of 2019
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I remember spending over 20 hours AKL to DOH on non q-suites two years ago due to the refuelling stop in Adelaide due to the fuel issues at AKL. Still enjoyed it since we only paid £1300 from ARN.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I paid £1300 too, but MAN-AKL. I really liked the seats on the old 777 to AKL, large and very comfy especially in sleep mode
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
The chief executive of one of Scandinavia’s largest airlines has blamed the “flight shame” movement for a fall in passenger numbers in Sweden, where concern about climate change has inspired people to give up flying.

Rickard Gustafson, chief executive of SAS, told Norwegian newspaper Dagens Næringsliv that he was “convinced” the movement was behind a slump in Swedish air traffic, which reportedly fell by five per cent in the first quarter of 2019
Sorry, there are threads that pre-date the "movement" discussing the same subject with other conclusions. I'm sure that blaming Windroe, Noregian and WOW would not have gone over so well at the SAS board meeting.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:48 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I paid £1300 too, but MAN-AKL. I really liked the seats on the old 777 to AKL, large and very comfy especially in sleep mode
This.. the one route I would prefer the old seat if travelling with someone else.
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.