Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ke/dl SIN-ATL $2,098 SIN-PHX $1,827

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ke/dl SIN-ATL $2,098 SIN-PHX $1,827

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:12 am

Thanks for sharing! Booked to ATL next March. Avails seem pretty good.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Hi Skyteam people. I’m new to Skyteam via Garuda as I had a number of GA flights in the last year. Can anyone tell me how I work what Garuda Miles I’d get - I’m particularly interested in status credits. I’ve heard ST doesn’t gives status credits on all fares and I’m really keen to buy this fare ex SIN but have no idea how to work this out (Qantas has a calculator but I can’t find a GA or ST one) Any help appreciated.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:36 pm

If you wanted to credit this to Alaska, you sort of can. Take for example DFW, which you can book as SIN-ICN-SEA-DFW. SIN-ICN is KE, and DFW-SEA is AS, so those are good. ICN-SEA has to be DL, so you can book the DL/KE flight operated by KE. Maybe you can manage to get Alaska credit since it's operated by KE.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UserMark
If you wanted to credit this to Alaska, you sort of can. Take for example DFW, which you can book as SIN-ICN-SEA-DFW. SIN-ICN is KE, and DFW-SEA is AS, so those are good. ICN-SEA has to be DL, so you can book the DL/KE flight operated by KE. Maybe you can manage to get Alaska credit since it's operated by KE.
If your goal is to credit to AS, book via koreanair.com on all KE coded/operated flights, and avoid anything DL operated or coded. In the case of DFW, your best bet would be to book the direct flight from ICN (KE 31/32) and skip Seattle.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: US, AA, UR, MR
Glad it's still alive. I was on GF and it was showing $5k+. Guess it was a glitch.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by snoptro
Glad it's still alive. I was on GF and it was showing $5k+. Guess it was a glitch.
Theres an oddball date here and there that's $5k. Most dates are available though.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by BenA

If your goal is to credit to AS, book via koreanair.com on all KE coded/operated flights, and avoid anything DL operated or coded. In the case of DFW, your best bet would be to book the direct flight from ICN (KE 31/32) and skip Seattle.
I’m Australian so AS isn’t for me but GA is
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by BenA

Oh, KE is publishing the same fares. I didn't realize.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:59 am

Can someone comment on best way to leverage this to fly into SEA ? Would the least painful option be doing something like sin-icn-dfw // book a separate dfw-sea-dfw and then // dfw-icn-sin ?

Thank you.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by su9062
Can someone comment on best way to leverage this to fly into SEA ? Would the least painful option be doing something like sin-icn-dfw // book a separate dfw-sea-dfw and then // dfw-icn-sin ?

Thank you.
Cheapest is to book SIN-PHX and then book a PHX-SEA ticket. DL flies the SEA/PHX route, and timed correctly you can get off of SEA-PHX and turn right around on same plane back to SEA.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:24 am

Class of Service

Please pardon my obtuseness but what class of service is this on KE metal SIN-ICN-PHX? They show three different levels of Prestige class seats, two are lie-flat and one is not. How do you know which one you are getting if booking on the KE website?

Thank you
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
KE does not make it very easy to tell. If you find dates you like, attempt to book it on KE's website and you can usually tell from there. I think you can click on the details for a specific flight and get the type of seat. yes, it is a pain.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I'd also say that while Google Flights isn't perfect, it does usually list "lie flat seat".
You can also ask at the KE forum for details.
As for flight rules-- when you click thru GF into the KE website, you can scroll down the page where you're picking flights and the "Fare Rules" button tells you lots of details.
Fore example:
It's an R fare.
$100 for a stopover
$300 change fee
$300 cancellation penalty
etc.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by okay2go
Please pardon my obtuseness but what class of service is this on KE metal SIN-ICN-PHX? They show three different levels of Prestige class seats, two are lie-flat and one is not. How do you know which one you are getting if booking on the KE website?

Thank you
When you book on KE's website just click on the aircraft model when you are selecting your flights. It should take you to a page with the specific configuration of the selected aircraft.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:52 pm

FYI - I’m looking at booking a SIN-ICN-ATL-ICN-SIN Route. The flight back out is on the A350 Delta suites. Cheapest price I will have paid for suites on delta. Thanks OP!
earlyriser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.