Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Kl: One way | kul-cgk | biz | 116usd

Kl: One way | kul-cgk | biz | 116usd

Reply

Old Jun 24, 19, 2:10 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: DPS
Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, Bonvoy Gold, QFF
Posts: 18
Kl: One way | kul-cgk | biz | 116usd

KLM freedom route from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta on their B777 in business class. Many dates in July, maybe other months included. This is good for those who prefer one-way flights as they tour Asia.


https://www.google.com/flights#flt=K...;sd:1;t:f;tt:o
mlqsko and E55 like this.
rybylee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 2:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,063
This is a pretty good price, was twice as much before.
mlqsko is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:00 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, USA
Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Posts: 3,096
Any reviews of this flight? equipment? service?
chichow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:12 am
  #4  
Marriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: AMS
Programs: SPG Plat
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by chichow View Post
Any reviews of this flight? equipment? service?
Not KUL-CGK, but SIN-DPS which is similar. They give out the Delft houses too
https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/201...835-sin-to-dps
ignorantcow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:47 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 10
That's pretty cheap, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone have experience with the new departure tax from Malaysia? It's not included in the ticket price, is it?

Thanks
bonboncl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 4:27 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Posts: 110
Books into O class. Sadly Earns nothing
nzthunderboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 4:27 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brazil
Programs: QR Platinum / UA Premier 1K / AF Platinum / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / Marriott Plat / BW Diamond
Posts: 269
And only $USD 240 round trip in Biz
RabbitohRob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 4:31 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FR
Programs: FB Plat
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by bonboncl View Post
That's pretty cheap, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone have experience with the new departure tax from Malaysia? It's not included in the ticket price, is it?

Thanks
I took a flight departing from Malaysia to China (not on KL ofc but on FM) early June and did not have to pay anything at the airport (and did not see anyone paying anything). So except if it depends on the airline, I would assume it is included in the "tax" section of the fare.
Porcepic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 5:42 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by nzthunderboy View Post
Books into O class. Sadly Earns nothing
Booking class had nothing to do with earnings.
You will receive 15 XP and 758 miles (as Platinum member) 663 miles (as Gold member), 569 miles (as Silver member) or 379 miles (as Explorer member)
BobTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 5:46 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,480
Originally Posted by rybylee View Post
KLM freedom route from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta on their B777 in business class. Many dates in July, maybe other months included. This is good for those who prefer one-way flights as they tour Asia.


https://www.google.com/flights#flt=K...;sd:1;t:f;tt:o

Almost same price on the CGK-KUL segment, also even if in O class it's 15 XPs so decent price per XP and one could become FlyingBlue Silver with 4 RTs... Or under 1000 USD...
jfkeze is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 5:49 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LHR
Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 858
Originally Posted by BobTL View Post
Booking class had nothing to do with earnings.
You will receive 15 XP and 758 miles (as Platinum member) 663 miles (as Gold member), 569 miles (as Silver member) or 379 miles (as Explorer member)
It does if you want to credit it to any other partner program.
taxicabnumber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 6:12 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,480
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber View Post
It does if you want to credit it to any other partner program.
Those O fares are a plague for partner earnings, they credit almost nowhere like the ET P fares... It started with EU-Asia fares showing up as O fares, now it's quite common on Eu-South America...
nancypants likes this.
jfkeze is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 6:38 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Malaysia
Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Posts: 255
Originally Posted by Porcepic View Post
I took a flight departing from Malaysia to China (not on KL ofc but on FM) early June and did not have to pay anything at the airport (and did not see anyone paying anything). So except if it depends on the airline, I would assume it is included in the "tax" section of the fare.
Based in Malaysia. If anything, this is included in ticket price.
quinzinho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 7:10 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,337
Youtube has the video clip if anyone is interested
djjaguar64 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 11:16 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,405
Does this work in the other direction as well, or does the routing work like a large triangle, going back to AMS from CGK?
Concerto is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread