Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie: NYC to PARIS BUSINESS Class for under $1K include Christmas/ New Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Compagnie: NYC to PARIS BUSINESS Class for under $1K include Christmas/ New Year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Unless this is guaranteed to be the new lie-flat product for which there isn’t really a review yet ... I’d be hesitant to call this anything better than prem eco. Not a bad price, but service will not be business class. If the seat is improved, it is worth considering IMO
Well we know the seat is the same as UA's PS / older Polaris, which QR also uses on some routes - that will be a decent lie-flat bed and definitely not prem eco, IMO...
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by seanp7
Well we know the seat is the same as UA's PS / older Polaris, which QR also uses on some routes - that will be a decent lie-flat bed and definitely not prem eco, IMO...
I was referring to serve being prem eco
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:48 pm

Unless this is guaranteed to be the new lie-flat product for which there isn’t really a review yet ... I’d be hesitant to call this anything better than prem eco. Not a bad price, but service will not be business class. If the seat is improved, it is worth considering IMO
it's literally a promo fare to celebrate that they're now flying A321neo lie flat on this route
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:55 pm

I will take it a step further and say anything not at the level of QR QSuites Business Class with on demand service is just "Prem eco"
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
wow great fare, hoping they expand to ORD or DEN and I'd be in!!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by whitethunder
wow great fare, hoping they expand to ORD or DEN and I'd be in!!
that’s always been my dream, that one day, an airline will offer nonstop daily service in lie-flat J from wherever I live in the US to wherever I want to go TATL and TPAC for under $1k. With full elite miles to an alliance of my choice, preferably.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold

I was referring to serve being prem eco
Ok, you said 'Unless this is guaranteed to be the new lie-flat product' which threw me off. My bad. I agree the service will largely be prem eco, yes.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The service falls somewhere between PE and business (and there is a rather large range in the latter), I mean how many PE products come with lounge access (say what you want about the EWR lounge), one?

And even the old seat is far, far, superior to any PE.

Then factor in the price, which is often less than PE on a major...
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:32 pm

I see this pricing now at $1,400 RT for wed-sat departure through end of schedule. Still a pretty solid TATL deal for a lie flat seat and a microwave dinner.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:59 am

La Compagnie

So I've flown them 5 times now. Both to Nice and Paris. The old 757's were not quite flat bed, but very comfy nonetheless. The soft product was so so - entertainment was crappy tablets, and food was adequate.

I was also the 4th person to sit in their new Airbus 321 Neo Seats.It is a MUCH better hard product. Other than not having direct aisle access the seats are excellent, and the screens large (though choices are somewhat limited) They also now have free wifi the whole way.

I'm tacking on a week trip to Paris when I go to NY in Sept. You can easily tell which plane on their website. For some trips the Neo costs more than the 757, for some the same. If I were picky, I'd say fly over on the redeye on the Neo for the better seat, and back on the 757 if it is cheaper (but generally the price differential is on the NY - Paris leg b/c they know sleepers prefer the new seats.)

We are paying about $3k for my wife and myself. It is a legit, fantastic value.I'm paying $200 extra for the two of us to be on the Neo both ways. Comparing to economy plus is silly. No, it isn't Emerites orSingapore, but the price reflects that. If you are in the NY area, or can get a cheap flight over, it is truly hard to beat. FWIW, I also found the crew on the Neo nicer and more accommodating.

I'd give it a B+ on an absolute scale, and an A++ when factoring in price. It makes going to Paris for a long weekend a reasonable proposition. I should also say that I had a minor problem with my last Neo trip (wifi not yet active) and they responded with a huge credit (covers most of this upcoming trip.) I strongly reocmmend La Compagnie provided you take it for what it is - VERY inexpensive, true international business class with good enough soft product. I'd love to see them return to flying to London as I'd do it regularly.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:10 pm

Note they now have very decent one-way fares, $767 with one-month notice. They should offer $757 ($321 would be far-fetched)!

Also they are up to three daily flights to Paris some days which is impressive.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by steveholt
I don't think by any reasonable definition that anyone could claim all the LCCs are dying left and right, no. If a possible purchaser is concerned about La Compagnie shutting down, the cost of this fare would still be well below norms if you also purchased travel insurance from a third party or used a credit card which covered possible default.
By a credit card "which covered possible default," is this something specific to one or more credit cards (and, if so, which one[s]?); or are we just talking here about airline-going-under as a "normal" form of trip cancellation coverage?

What with XL Airways caving a month-plus back, one does wonder, although the reports in the business press are that the ownership commonality has nothing to do with La Compagnie's improving prospects. (Representative link, in French.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.