Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KL/AF/LA: HAJ/HAM/DUS to MAD and get 45XPs for €185!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Similar to the Lufthansa and LATAM deal from a few days ago but now you can a segment or two from other cities in Germany with Air France and KLM and earn some nice XPs in Business Class at an extremely affordable price...

​​​​​​How to find this deal?
A) Search Google Flights for availability Germany to Madrid under €200
B) Go to Expedia.de (Use Chrome for Auto translate)
C) Multi-City XXX-AMS, AMS-FRA, FRA-MAD same day.
D) This should offer 30 XP options and if you start the day early the FRA-AMS via CDG to collect the extra 15 XPs.
E) Collect 45 XPs and then enjoy the flight to Madrid with LATAM
F) If the links don't work, just search again, Expedia can be iffy with posted links..

Notes: Soon this route will be 4x instead of 6x a week, so no more weekend options....​​​
​​​​​Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Hamburg to Madrid with 45 XPs and LATAM Business for €185

Hanover to Madrid with 30 XPs and LATAM Business for €158

​​​​​
Unionruler, SFO777, alp67 and 8 others like this.

Last edited by jfkeze; May 12, 2019 at 9:32 am
Old May 12, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
WOW
That's awesome, thank you.

U!
Old May 12, 2019, 7:18 am

this is awesome! is it also possible from Amsterdam?
Old May 12, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
You may also use Expedia from other countries.
I just found the Option 1 (HAM to MAD) on the uk site for £159.80 available on 28th July

Ciao
Ulxima
Old May 12, 2019, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
this is awesome! is it also possible from Amsterdam?
Try ex Dusseldorf for €167, you can start flying at 12:25 so easy to position via Train , Bus or Plane and collect 30 XPs and LATAM Boeing 787 Business Class

RoyalFlyer and Thysk like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Don't you need to get it ticketed with all KL codes? I searched Expedia and found the same flight on the 24th of June, only the Latam flight has a Latam flight code, which shouldn't earn FB miles right?
Old May 12, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Don't you need to get it ticketed with all KL codes? I searched Expedia and found the same flight on the 24th of June, only the Latam flight has a Latam flight code, which shouldn't earn FB miles right?
LATAM will not earn with AF/KL. This fare is similar to a LH/LA fare that now allows segments within Germany at almost no cost, the addition of AF/KL makes it super tempting for FlyingBlue collectors...
Old May 12, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway

Correct, you will not earn FB miles with LATAM.
This is a good hop for those both on Flying Blue and Executive Club (or Marco Polo).

U!
Old May 12, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: KL PL ULTI, BA Silver, VS Silver
Great find! Thank you for sharing!
jfkeze likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:47 am

You could split up the trip, so that you have a night in Amsterdam. Wasn't able to build in multiple nights.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by coolblue21
Great find! Thank you for sharing!
+1 ^
Old May 12, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: FB, LH
After lurking for ages around here, this was the first time I could actually replicate a fare deal, and it seems it is here to stay.
Thank you to the OP, and the person posting the DUS option. Thank you for making all this real, rather than just a theoretical option.

In the same vein, the best I could do up to now are the (probably common) J deals between OTP and various European cities, available on AF metal most of the year, for around EUR 405,- for 60XP which gives 6,75 EUR/XP (I feel this thread should have a running top of the best eur/xp challenge). The OPs post reaches 180/45 which means 4,11EUR/XP. That is a feat!
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But this is a one way fare, right? What about getting back?
Old May 12, 2019, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoyalFlyer
After lurking for ages around here, this was the first time I could actually replicate a fare deal, and it seems it is here to stay.
Thank you to the OP, and the person posting the DUS option. Thank you for making all this real, rather than just a theoretical option.

In the same vein, the best I could do up to now are the (probably common) J deals between OTP and various European cities, available on AF metal most of the year, for around EUR 405,- for 60XP which gives 6,75 EUR/XP (I feel this thread should have a running top of the best eur/xp challenge). The OPs post reaches 180/45 which means 4,11EUR/XP. That is a feat!
Oh and on top you get to try LATAM 787 Business Class! Plus 40 TPs in Avios...
Old May 12, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: FB, MM
Awesome find OP, thanks! Could anyone has managed to find something the same from ex-TXL? Expedia doesn't show anything on the dates I have tried...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.