Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A PDX-PRG P fare for $2475

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A PDX-PRG P fare for $2475

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For anyone who is still mulling over this fare, it was supposed to expire today (March 28) but it has now been extended to April 25. ^
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
May have been extended, but I've just priced the exact itinerary I booked 2 days ago for $2500. It is now $5100.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pacman3
May have been extended, but I've just priced the exact itinerary I booked 2 days ago for $2500. It is now $5100.
Its possible that the fare buckets were sold out on that particular routing and date. I just took a quick look and the fare still seems to be quite widely available:

If the fare was going to expire today, it would typically do so at 10 PM PDT.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: Various
For a little bit more, the same fare is available from IAH-AMS (slightly different price, but still PQX96SNC). I wonder if it also works into AMS from other cities as well? The stopover component of this fare works really well for us - we can spend the majority of the time in MUC, ZRH, FRA (etc.) and then have just a few days in AMS.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Don't think this has been mentioned, but this and the rest of the current P sale to Europe on *A is generally good for stopovers:

Code:
2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN
   EACH DIRECTION IN FRA/MUC/GVA/VIE/ZRH/BRU/BER/DUS/LIS/
   OPO/REK
Tight seasonality though:

Code:
	   OUTBOUND -
     PERMITTED 30JUN19 THROUGH 05SEP19 FOR EACH
     TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
   INBOUND -
     PERMITTED 07AUG19 THROUGH 06SEP19 FOR EACH
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Fare rules on stopovers seem to have changed for this one. I was looking at some fares earlier this week and found what findark posted to be true--stopovers permitted in most if not all *A hubs in Europe. As of today, they seem to have reverted to what OP LarryU posted--only permitted in LIS/OPO/REK--which significantly diminishes the value of this fare for me.

Has anyone had experience to the contrary, i.e. still able to book stopovers in, say VIE or MUC or FRA?

Last edited by dkc192; Apr 5, 2019 at 6:24 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Just a reminder that this fare is set to expire on Thursday, April 25.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

The fare expired on April 25 and then returned a couple of days later, this time with a ticketing date of May 23. It seems to be available on all alliances.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Don't think this has been mentioned, but this and the rest of the current P sale to Europe on *A is generally good for stopovers:

Code:
2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN
EACH DIRECTION IN FRA/MUC/GVA/VIE/ZRH/BRU/BER/DUS/LIS/
OPO/REK

Tight seasonality though:

Code:
OUTBOUND -
PERMITTED 30JUN19 THROUGH 05SEP19 FOR EACH
INBOUND -
PERMITTED 07AUG19 THROUGH 06SEP19 FOR EACH
Appreciate the details.

What other general Europe P fare are you talking about or are you saying P fares to Europe in general?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Appreciate the details.

What other general Europe P fare are you talking about or are you saying P fares to Europe in general?
Same fare basis was filed at somewhat difference prices to different city pairs, upthread I saw IAH-AMS also but tbh I don't remember exactly where else. There are two stopover templates floating around for P fares US to Europe. The more common one allows LIS/OPO/REK only (don't ask me why) but this one is much better since you can actually "fare to" any stopover city as long as you don't mind a few extra miles. (e.g. fly to FRA on a BEG fare via SFO-FRA-BEG-ZRH-FRA, return FRA-SFO).
Old May 4, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone can explain why fares are sometimes so much lower on certain routes and markets. For example, what is so special about the PDX-PRG market? For the most part, business class flights seem much higher right now from PDX to other destinations or from other origins to PRG. This particular fare has now persisted for several months.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarryU
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone can explain why fares are sometimes so much lower on certain routes and markets. For example, what is so special about the PDX-PRG market? For the most part, business class flights seem much higher right now from PDX to other destinations or from other origins to PRG. This particular fare has now persisted for several months.
There are a few Eastern European cities that routinely seen pretty low business class fares. I don't think there is anything very special about PDX; the US origin tends to move around a bit. SFO/LAX/PDX/SEA/YVR to BEG/PRG/OTP/BUD tend to be perennially discounted. It's hard to say what drives any particular sale at any given time, but overall I would say the economy in Eastern Europe is weaker than the rest of the continent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.