Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: SFO-CDG In J RT $3300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: SFO-CDG In J RT $3300

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by zblacktiger

Flying to London is a possible option especially with the good prices shown in the table. I have a lot of flexibility and schedule. Just make sure I understand correctly, will these fares are these available soon for booking?
A subscription to Expert Flyer or some other service will get basic fare information like this and more. The fares posted are exclusive of tax, so they tend to be a few hundred dollars less than available fares. Sometimes they are actually available, sometimes they are not. A filed fare may exist, but that doesn't mean it is actually available. For a lot of the folks here--many of whom are in the travel industry (not me)--it's a matter of learning to use the tools available to find favorable fares, checking regularly and getting a little lucky. If you are flexible, that's 3/4 of the battle. Good luck!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No they don't. It's your call if you wish to dismiss advice of people with experience as to what is a deal vs what is a normal or even high fare. However, no one is by any means always telling posters that their deals are garbage.

BTW it's not just one, but multiple people that have pointed out this isn't a great deal. Posting this info will help newer member learn, thus preventing overpaying. As a DL/AF/KL frequent flyer, I agree with them. Is it awful? No. However, neither is it a great deal. Does it mean it shouldn't have been posted? No. However the advice lets users know that its likely there can be better fares at some point.
+1

I call them as I see them but I don't profess to be an expert on most routes.

That being said if several people are of the same opinion, that is usually a good indication of whether a fare is great, good, fair or poor. I rarely see dissension on great fares like $1000 business class TATL or TPAC. Everyone knows that's a fantastic fare. Conversely if someone posted $5000 for the same trip I doubt you would see anybody falling all over themselves. Personally I don't think people are dissuaded from posting fares due to possible negative discussion as evidenced by the many postings in the forum. More likely people want to buy first before they post and the fare disappears quickly.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:34 pm

I agree with you. As a newer member, I really need feedback to avoid overpaying. So far, the advice from everyone has been HELPFUL for my situation. I was just looking for a good deal to Paris from LAX/SFO with lie flat seat until the end of year. This trip is nice to have but not required.
Ive found the cheapest rates consistently for that route (nonstop) via Amex International Airline program. Any chance you have an amex Platinim card? If so, call them with the dates you have in mind. You may be pleasantly surprised...

(I swear I dont work for Amex hehe)
mczlaw and PookieMalibu25 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: American, Air France
Originally Posted by drjeffrock

Ive found the cheapest rates consistently for that route (nonstop) via Amex International Airline program. Any chance you have an amex Platinim card? If so, call them with the dates you have in mind. You may be pleasantly surprised...

(I swear I dont work for Amex hehe)
I only have gold Amex card. Why do I need an Amex platinum card for this call?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:22 pm

I only have gold Amex card. Why do I need an Amex platinum card for this call?
Unfortunately, the Amex International Airline Program (IAP) is only available to platinum/centurion card holders. For reference, I am travelling rt LAX-CDG on Z fare on Air France in April (purchased the ticket 2 months in advance) totaling around $3k. Not a phenomenal deal by any means, but $500 less than Delta and Air France wanted for booking direct with them. I find IAP to be a good option when you don't have the luxury of waiting around for a phenomenal deal to pop up.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, Air France
Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Unfortunately, the Amex International Airline Program (IAP) is only available to platinum/centurion card holders. For reference, I am travelling rt LAX-CDG on Z fare on Air France in April (purchased the ticket 2 months in advance) totaling around $3k. Not a phenomenal deal by any means, but $500 less than Delta and Air France wanted for booking direct with them. I find IAP to be a good option when you don't have the luxury of waiting around for a phenomenal deal to pop up.
this is good to know. Thanks for the clarification.
drjeffrock and Pocatello like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.