Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: LAX-DEL rt Business $2364

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: LAX-DEL rt Business $2364

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by raporot
Why do you write about 1.4b people who live on less than $ 50 a month, a person who can pay for a 2k + flight?
and why should he live there "somehow", maybe he wants to live GOOD and not "somehow"?
There are plenty of luxurious things one can do in India in a week if the 1.4b people don't match the $2K flight deal lifestyle. Check out the Palace on Wheels heritage train - a one week trip to historical sites in a luxurious train that costs more than this flight ticket. If that's not enough, stay at different Oberois all over Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan. They are some of the best hotels in the world, but it will cost a lot more than $2K. An Oberoi is not a Hilton.
Gino Troian and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:06 pm

Anyone know if this ticket allows a stopover in DOH? I'd like to take a side trip to Athens for 6 days.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:45 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nort
There are plenty of luxurious things one can do in India in a week if the 1.4b people don't match the $2K flight deal lifestyle. Check out the Palace on Wheels heritage train - a one week trip to historical sites in a luxurious train that costs more than this flight ticket. If that's not enough, stay at different Oberois all over Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan. They are some of the best hotels in the world, but it will cost a lot more than $2K. An Oberoi is not a Hilton.
why it must to do a luxury things? if person want the usual things like in Bangkok or Kuala-Lumpur, what person will must to do?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
This is wrong, check the seat maps (obviously there could still be a equipment swap, but LAX is a QSuites route as of 2/2/19).
I am utterly confused. All the maps show 2-2-2 on the 200L for Nov 2019 LAX -> DOH. Checked Expert Flyer, Seat Guru and I talked to Amex Plat IAP and they show 2-2-2
Who out here is POSITIVE these are all Qsuites now and how can they expect to just reassign all these seats? Will the airline agent at Qatar even know if the computer shows them otherwise? Even though reports are that the suites were taking over this route in Feb..... it's Feb and OMAT or TPG (forgot which) reported delays and that many flights were NOT the Suites. Help?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
This is wrong, check the seat maps (obviously there could still be a equipment swap, but LAX is a QSuites route as of 2/2/19).
I am utterly confused. All the maps show 2-2-2 on the 200L for Nov 2019 LAX -> DOH. Checked Expert Flyer, Seat Guru and I talked to Amex Plat IAP and they show 2-2-2
Who out here is POSITIVE these are all Qsuites now and how can they expect to just reassign all these seats? Will the airline agent at Qatar even know if the computer shows them otherwise? Even though reports are that the suites were taking over this route in Feb..... it's Feb and OMAT or TPG (forgot which) reported delays and that many flights were NOT the Suites. Help?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:27 pm

I've been trying to pin QR down on this. I did some research and this route is Qsuites up until 10/26/2019 and then it switches back to the 2-2-2 config. I am now torn on whether to cancel my tickets (worried this might be an equipment swap) or perhaps they haven't loaded the correct seat maps yet.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by justwingingit
From what I understand, most of those aircrafts are equipped with Q Suites already.
I just checked a random flight on EF and it definitely shows Q Suites:

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you were talking about autumn 2019 and saw the above reply with the QR Chat, and yes, I see that in Nov 2019 it appears to be back to non-Qsuites...

Last edited by LAX21; Feb 13, 2019 at 11:36 pm Reason: update
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by mohrpj
I've been trying to pin QR down on this. I did some research and this route is Qsuites up until 10/26/2019 and then it switches back to the 2-2-2 config. I am now torn on whether to cancel my tickets (worried this might be an equipment swap) or perhaps they haven't loaded the correct seat maps yet.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:42 pm

Aha! They don’t even say what happens after 10/26! Good detective work. My choice to fly this is entirely dependent on Qsuites so I’m at a loss. I have until 1pm PST to book and I’m so torn. Cancellation fees are high so not an option, if anyone else knows anything please chime in!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by joetraveler99
Anyone know if this ticket allows a stopover in DOH? I'd like to take a side trip to Athens for 6 days.
I tried a multi-city on GF and a 6 day layover worked.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by raporot
why it must to do a luxury things? if person want the usual things like in Bangkok or Kuala-Lumpur, what person will must to do?
I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Let me assure you you can travel or stay in India for 50 USD per day PP. India is a land of extremely poor people or obscenely rich people. You can have and experience either extreme or somewhere in between like most people.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I would be stunned if they move back to the 2-2-2 layout given how much they are advertising it. By October the entire 77L fleet will probably have QSuites so I’m not sure how they would revert unless they actually change the plane type.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:58 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
No one else has mentioned that advertised change and cancel fees are incorrect, as the fare rules show $545 and $1,075, not the $220 and $330 stated in the advertising.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Qatar Airways won't ever admit anything, they lie and cheat, they will never admit they are wrong. So don't expect a straight answer from that part of the world. Think Saudia, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, all blockaded Qatar for good reason. They do lie. And Big Al Baker os the ringleader of it all.

Originally Posted by mohrpj
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by bradfrancini
I would be stunned if they move back to the 2-2-2 layout given how much they are advertising it. By October the entire 77L fleet will probably have QSuites so I’m not sure how they would revert unless they actually change the plane type.
expert flyer has all lax flights reverting to 2-2-2 in late October. If it was a mistake, would be an odd one with many inquiring and no answer or fix. I emailed TPG to investigate but didn’t get a reply - sometimes they like these mysteries. Let my flight go after just failing to sort it out. I’ll keep and eye on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.