Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL pe: ORD-ATH via CDG $951+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold

Found on GF. Dummy bookings were tricky as it sometimes reprices to $1500, but it can be done. Availability March, Oct - Dec. Not a great mileage run at 5.8 cpm and 7-day stay, but if you're going there anyway. DL books as fare class G all the way, slightly better than AF, and is 150% for more programs.

Google Flights

Delta dummy booking: https://tinyurl.com/y76sl36q

Last edited by SightseeMC; Feb 4, 2019 at 12:01 am Reason: URL
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Please keep in mind that Delta *TRUE* Premium Economy fares often refer to Comfort+, which is not real PE.
Try to book on the Skyteam partner airlines that consistently have real PE products, unlike DL.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Linking to the DL booking link isn't going to work because of session management etc.

Originally Posted by izzik
Please keep in mind that Delta *TRUE* Premium Economy fares often refer to Comfort+, which is not real PE.
Try to book on the Skyteam partner airlines that consistently have real PE products, unlike DL.
Although this is excellent advice and caution in general, FWIW I clicked on OP's Google Flights link and it's AF-operated (DL does not fly ORD-CDG)
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:05 pm

So this fare gets you ORD-CDG on AF PE and CDG-ATH in coach on an AF A320. It is better than coach all the way but it still has to make sense for the traveler. I would do it if I was going to travel ORD-ATH anyway but would look at other options first.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by af fp
So this fare gets you ORD-CDG on AF PE and CDG-ATH in coach on an AF A320. It is better than coach all the way but it still has to make sense for the traveler. I would do it if I was going to travel ORD-ATH anyway but would look at other options first.
Yeah, it's a "are you going to Athens" fare. Given intra-European business class is just a blocked middle seat in front of a curtain, I doubt there's any great connection hard product to ATH from the continent. But I am definitely no expert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.