Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

WY : CGK -> LHR - 1,380 EUR in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WY : CGK -> LHR - 1,380 EUR in J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
This LHR fare is a good deal so snap it up if you can use it
Very good advice indeed!

I snapped up the last promo R class seat out of CGK for my preferred date in May and booked CGK-LHR, MXP-CGK, which was perfect for my travel plans. I had already booked refundable tickets on other airlines to LHR and from VCE, at higher prices.

Also, I don't mind WY at all, and this trip will add to my existing bank of Sindbad miles, which I will use to book award travel in J.

So, thanks for the heads up, OP.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Grace B
Very good advice indeed!

I snapped up the last promo R class seat out of CGK for my preferred date in May and booked CGK-LHR, MXP-CGK, which was perfect for my travel plans. I had already booked refundable tickets on other airlines to LHR and from VCE, at higher prices.

Also, I don't mind WY at all, and this trip will add to my existing bank of Sindbad miles, which I will use to book award travel in J.

So, thanks for the heads up, OP.
You can also credit WY to Etihad's FF program, and redeem for partner flights on Virgin Australia, AA, Brussels Airlines, Flybe and more.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Sigh

reminds me of the old mnl-ncl with mct and cdg stopover they had last year.. ridiculously cheap if you don’t mind ending up in newcastle
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
This is still available for even less to FRA.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
This is still available for even less to FRA.
Could you help me find it? WY website shows 2200 EURO + for july dates. Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Not sure about July, but it is available in late June for EUR around 1,300.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=C...57*0.HKD.11857
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Originally Posted by ttep
Sigh

reminds me of the old mnl-ncl with mct and cdg stopover they had last year.. ridiculously cheap if you don’t mind ending up in newcastle
WY fly to NCL?????
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mfgr
WY fly to NCL?????
To Paris with a connecting flight on Air France to NCL (AF coded though).

WY flies to MAN.
mfgr likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Haha exactly. Was Air France short flight but it would only price if you added the ncl leg. Fuel dump maybe? Im not sure- will leave that to the smarter people on the other forum
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Gold amb, krisflyer, Garuda, Accor Plus, MH Enrich
I booked the New Year Sale on WY web page in J

CGK-FRA via MCT
CDG-CGK via MCT

the fare was 21.4 million IDR, or roughly 1350 EUR. Skyscanner, traveloka quotes 23.5 million. It seems WY web is cheaper than 3P web. the sale fare ended yesterday.

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me if WY lounge in CDG has shower?

As the flight is late evening, i would like to have shower prior to boarding. otherwise I will have to find a place for shower as I dont wanna pay extra night of 200+ euro just for a shower. Thanks in advance
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
I used CX lounge in the past which had showers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
I used CX lounge in the past which had showers.

thank you so much for the reply. my trip will be around Eid al Fitr holiday in may/june

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Durian234
thank you so much for the reply. my trip will be around Eid al Fitr holiday in may/june

Thanks
I'm hoping it's still the case, as it was very late 2017 (maybe early 2018?) when I used the lounge.

If it matters for the other direction, don't plan on any showers for CGK. Don't plan for anything really, the lounge they use is very sad. Basic buffet food, first alcoholic drink is free, pay after that. There are workers from a massage place in there walking around trying to sell packages.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
I'm hoping it's still the case, as it was very late 2017 (maybe early 2018?) when I used the lounge.

If it matters for the other direction, don't plan on any showers for CGK. Don't plan for anything really, the lounge they use is very sad. Basic buffet food, first alcoholic drink is free, pay after that. There are workers from a massage place in there walking around trying to sell packages.
If they are out of T3 theres a Plaza Premium with showers which is very nice indeed
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:00 am

Thanks again

​​​​​​Re T3 of Soetta, there are two plaza lounge. The small one is near gate 9. The bigger one is plaza premium near gate 5. The one near gate 9 is a bit sad as it caters mainly to the signature/world traveler credit card holders of Bank Mandiri.

IIRC the Gate 5 one had shower, but didnt use it. I may be wrong. Not sure about booze as the last time i used it was when I flew J on 0425 am MH726 from CGK so coffee was my friend. Barely awake.

I will leave from my apt so most likely wont be needing shower from CGK in May. But i will try to check the Gate 5 one re shower
BSBtraveller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.