Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA,LH,LX BOS-KEF $1260+ r/t J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA,LH,LX BOS-KEF $1260+ r/t J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by cfischer
if you read the OP that should not surprise you at all ... 2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN
EACH DIRECTION IN LIS/OPO/REK
Z-fares which allow a free stopover are $1200 more expensive. So a stop-over one-way should add $600 to the cost.
This is a nice fare!
I managed to get the Z fare on the outbound and the P fare on the return for 2100, which is still a pretty good deal. However, the Z fare is not letting me add in stopovers, even though the fare rules say I should be able to add a stopover anywhere for free. Every time I try it bumps the ticket to a more expensive Z fare
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by snowingairlines
I managed to get the Z fare on the outbound and the P fare on the return for 2100, which is still a pretty good deal. However, the Z fare is not letting me add in stopovers, even though the fare rules say I should be able to add a stopover anywhere for free. Every time I try it bumps the ticket to a more expensive Z fare
For the price difference I would rather just forgo the stopover and do a turnaround at KEF. You can get to London for as low as $59 from Easyjet.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/lufthansa/p

Finally, any recommendation on where to put the miles? I'm thinking either NH or SQ.

p.s. It's an opportunity to fly A380 (LAX,SFO) and/or 748 (ORD,IAD). I booked KEF-MUC-FRA-ORD rather than KEF-MUC-ORD (on A350).

Last edited by vincewy; Nov 6, 2018 at 6:25 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:01 pm

Also available out of LAX

https://goo.gl/flights/QzVTA
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
if you read the OP that should not surprise you at all ... 2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN
EACH DIRECTION IN LIS/OPO/REK
Z-fares which allow a free stopover are $1200 more expensive. So a stop-over one-way should add $600 to the cost.
This is a nice fare!
Can you provide an example of a stop-over one-way? Maybe I'm doing something wrong when searching, but I couldn't get one to price that was just $600 more from IAD. I found the $1300 fare RT to KEF, but once I tried adding a single stopover, the cheapest I could find with a stopover is $3600.

I also attempted to find the $1300 RT fare on ITA so I could see the fare rules, but I couldn't get it to price out the same as Google Flights. Maybe it's gone ex-IAD? (At least for the dates I'm looking, which are around May)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
I tried booking twice and the Kef legs kept getting cancelled or bumped into Y class. The date still seems alive but they don’t honor the fare. It doesn’t get ticketed
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by windhund
Maybe it's gone ex-IAD? (At least for the dates I'm looking, which are around May)
I have trouble getting stopover in any possible way but IAD-KEF is still there, just looked up trip.com (5/23-6/2) and lufthansa.com (5/24-6/2), in fact this is the cheapest US origin at $1260.

https://www.trip.com/flights/washington-to-reykjavik/tickets-was-rek/?flighttype=d&dcity=was&acity=rek&startdate=2019-05-23&returndate=2019-06-02&class=c&quantity=1&searchboxarg=t

I do see some OTAs may have itineraries with Germany-KEF in economy, for some this might be an issue.

11/10: Also found AUS/IAH/SAN-KEF for $1900 with limited dates, although the outbounds from IAH and SAN seem to be very scarce.

Last edited by vincewy; Nov 10, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Hmm... just tried booking a SFO-KEF r/t pricing out at $1,878 on Google Flights.

But once I get to the end of the payment flow (after entering my CC information), this is what I see:

Is this a phantom fare?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Hmm... just tried booking a SFO-KEF r/t pricing out at $1,878 on Google Flights.

But once I get to the end of the payment flow (after entering my CC information), this is what I see:

Is this a phantom fare?
Not sure if it is a "phantom" fare, but it certainly can't be confirmed. We had four of us book 3 reservations on the same itinerary from SFO to KEF (via MUC). All three got hung up on LH's inability to book their end. After 30 minutes on the 1K line, we just cancelled the reservations. The only fares that would "book" were over $3000 each.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by gsalem94122
Not sure if it is a "phantom" fare, but it certainly can't be confirmed. We had four of us book 3 reservations on the same itinerary from SFO to KEF (via MUC). All three got hung up on LH's inability to book their end. After 30 minutes on the 1K line, we just cancelled the reservations. The only fares that would "book" were over $3000 each.
I ended up booking a different date / routing on LH / AC for $1,854 via Expedia. So it is possible, but just some of the inventory information showing up through Google Flights (and United.com) is inaccurate.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:57 am

This fare is absolutely/positively gone. I'm surprised it was available for over 2 weeks.

Just checked ORD-KEF on lufthansa.com and it's $4200 min. If anyone can find it other time/elsewhere I'd love to be proven wrong.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincewy
This fare is absolutely/positively gone. I'm surprised it was available for over 2 weeks.

Just checked ORD-KEF on lufthansa.com and it's $4200 min. If anyone can find it other time/elsewhere I'd love to be proven wrong.
The fares are certainly still published, but I'm not seeing very much P inventory available. You can use calendar view on matrix.itasoftware.com to get an idea of where some might be found, but this feels like UA and LH deciding to tighten inventory.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
The fares are certainly still published, but I'm not seeing very much P inventory available. You can use calendar view on matrix.itasoftware.com to get an idea of where some might be found, but this feels like UA and LH deciding to tighten inventory.
Thanks, as an update (if anyone is still interested), I'm seeing only BOS-KEF outbound Sept 13-14, 20-22 on UA via EWR all on narrow bodies, so availability is slim to none.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:40 am

Thanks, as an update (if anyone is still interested), I'm seeing only BOS-KEF outbound Sept 13-14, 20-22 on UA via EWR all on narrow bodies, so availability is slim to none.
Another update, officially, the fare (P) is still there, but I'm only seeing BOS/ORD - KEF with UA metal via EWR on Sept 11th returning Sept 23rd with 1 seat left. Once the last seat is sold this fare will be officially gone.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fli...&taxng=1&idx=1

The same LH booking I have in July has now gone north of $8000 (all Business savers are gone, not just P fares).

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 2, 2019 at 8:55 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am

Another update, officially, the fare (P) is still there, but I'm only seeing BOS/ORD - KEF with UA metal via EWR on Sept 11th returning Sept 23rd with 1 seat left. Once the last seat is sold this fare will be officially gone.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fli...&taxng=1&idx=1

The same LH booking I have in July has now gone north of $8000 (all Business savers are gone, not just P fares).
I still see some limited availability out of ORD for other dates, e.g.: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...3*2.USD.129323
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:14 pm

Found it on OTA for $1400, not sure if I'd take 45 min connection at FRA

https://www.flightnetwork.com/flights/showflight?qid=4d8827b5cd7a8d62bd362cbbb0430904&ci d=45&currency=USD&client_ref=kayakus&cmpid=3P-CPC-KAY-USA-XXX-FLT-MET-PYP-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-2016-12-09&utm_source=kayak_us&utm_medium=3rdparty&utm_cam paign=metasearch&kayakclickid=_fehmcZbC5yxTdWgAhse uA

p.s.

The lower fare has to be found through kayak.com, try this instead, it still works, you can tinker around different days (flexible +- 3) and see if it pops up

https://www.kayak.com/flights/ORD-KE...t=bestflight_a

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 22, 2019 at 8:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.