Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA PE BOM/MAA-LAX $650 to $700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

Allright then, one of the worst schedules I'ver seen, but maybe the price is right for some-definitely not for me, but I have one on hold: MAA-HKG-LAX in March/April. Seems available Oct thru at least April, but haven't checked all the possible dates but here's an example from GF:

https://www.google.com/flights?gl=us...809*.USD.64809

I did see some examples that used HKG-DFW-HKG which would make the layovers shorter, but with only CX redeyes from BOM or MAA, the layovers are long. And between positioning (even from BKK,) visa costs, potential hotel/ground costs, while a very nice PE (even the CX segments are in PE as they are AA codeshares, I'm passing,

Booking on aa.com is problematic as it keeps generating the "HTTP ERROR 400" message, but it can be booked and at least held. I'm not buying, so didn't go to that screen to see if they correct it, as it is $400 to $500 less than the coach fare.

Enjoy.
quinzinho and ashkale like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Thanks! Looks good- but earns 7700 RDMs....
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott GLD
Great find. Hopefully someone can use it. Also see it on the travel sites..Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:26 am

Awh, I thought the JR/FR was back but saw the PE
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; LoungeKey
380 tier points RT if I'm right?

How easily are the Cathay legs UuA-able?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by ashkale
Thanks! Looks good- but earns 7700 RDMs....
Sure, but the CX PE fare is $1877 though better connections and 42k RDM's and 3838 EQD's so an easy 2x. Wait for CX's Black Friday sale which was pretty good last year..
ashkale likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
And is gone..
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:03 pm

Suspect you're using Chrome. If so, delete all aa.com cookies. Go to settings, search for Cookies, then under Cookies, search for aa.com and delete all the Cookies.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
And is gone..
Yep, but still seeing fares at $1000 which isn't too bad

Originally Posted by xjk1
380 tier points RT if I'm right?

How easily are the Cathay legs UuA-able?
AFAIK you can't UuA a CX flight - it's BA/AA only and the ticket needs to be on BA stock with only BA/AA flights in the itinerary...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.