Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QF: PEK-SYD/AKL/MEL $1600 USD rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Books into I class
Earns 225% on AS, 125% most other places: https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas-airways/i

Sample:

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...%3Abusiness%2C
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:51 am

Thanks OP, exactly what I've been looking for
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
This is a great deal and certainly could be valuable for Asia-based AAdvantage members. PEK-AKL would yield over 3,400 EQDs for just over $1,600. Also note that PEK-SYD is going to all QF flatbed suites on 332/333. It is possible to have LA 787-9 included as well on AKL-SYD and also appears CHC is available at same price and would allow for EK A380 with QF codeshare flight number which is pretty cool! Both of the LA/EK flights should credit just fine to AA as they are QF coded flights. For families, worth noting that QF offers a 25% children's discount (ages 2-11 - even in business class!) so this makes a luxury trip to AU/NZ pretty affordable for a family since free stopovers are allowed in SYD. Thanks for posting OP!
E55, raporot and allset2travel like this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
If the flight is operated by EK you won’t get miles with AA
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SQPPS
If the flight is operated by EK you won’t get miles with AA
I don’t believe that is accurate as the flight carries a QF flight number and is not listed as an exclusion on the AA earnings page for QF. It should follow the same earnings as any other QF marketed flight which would provide miles, EQMs and EQDs.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler

I don’t believe that is accurate as the flight carries a QF flight number and is not listed as an exclusion on the AA earnings page for QF. It should follow the same earnings as any other QF marketed flight which would provide miles, EQMs and EQDs.
That is correct. Normally a non-oneworld operator would mean no credit, but QF is different and only requires a QF code.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
thanks for the find OP!
Finally convinced myself to buy one of these to requalify for EXP next year on AA, and spend a few days in the north island of New Zealand

Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.