Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL, AF, KL: DUB - BOS $1485 J RT Nonstop, AI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

tl;dr: Dublin to Boston or JFK, DL metal, but ticketed as AF, KL, or a combo. To prevent CC fee, book using Paypal.

I am doing a bunch of traveling to London this summer, so I bought a one-way to Gatwick, and have been operating on reverse round-trips since. I was watching the flights exiting Inverness, and just yesterday this bad boy popped up from Dublin. It's on the 757, but it's still a fine product for such a short flight. You can also route via JFK for the 767. Crazy low considering it's wide open all summer.

Some were ticketed as a combo of AF and KL. That leaves me with the q: where should I credit? I want to credit to JL for use before the devaluation, but only AF can credit there, so I am at a bit of a loss.

Also of note is Dublin does US pre-clearance, which is pretty clutch when flying home from London.

Sample dates: https://www.google.com/flights?q=LHR...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Last edited by justifyles; May 31, 2018 at 5:26 pm Reason: Wanted to add a cool fact, and a link
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by justifyles
Crazy low considering it's wide open all summer.
This is a bog-standard fare for Ireland to the East Coast. This type of fare is available many times during the year, and you'll often find other origins in Europe that have fares not that much higher for summer travel.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
This is a bog-standard fare for Ireland to the East Coast. This type of fare is available many times during the year, and you'll often find other origins in Europe that have fares not that much higher for summer travel.
Blows my mind anyone would buy a ticket originating in the states then! Definitely better off transiting to Europe once and flying reverse.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Bog standard or not, I'm seeing late July and into August DUB to JFK, BOS and MCO for 1100 quid. I wasn't seeing anything less than £1500 before this popped up.
Any chance OW matches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.