Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

It's back Malaysia : DPS - KUL $137 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's back Malaysia : DPS - KUL $137 RT

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, EK Skywards Blue, EY Guest Blue
Any luck pricing this on a reverse routing?

I'm currently monitoring one way DPS-KUL and it is pricing out similarly.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Travel-dealz.de is pointing out that you could get OW Emerald for about 1450 euro doing a bunch of these to LGK, BA of course. But you'd still need the 4 BA segments.
If your chasing OWE and the Airline to which will give you status is not important then I would suggest QF, you can do 7 RT trips from DPS to LGK gaining 1400 QF Status credits for 959 EUR then get your 4 QF segments on Jetstar KUL-SIN 2 RT trips for 88 EUR so OWE for 1047 EUR total. (Note: KUL-SIN might actually cost a little more because you will have to make sure you buy the ticket with a bundle that includes earn on QF)

Then use your 26000 accumulated QF points for a CX ow F seat from HKG to TPE :-) add 35 EUR for tax.

Last edited by Croupier; May 27, 2018 at 3:40 am Reason: Added Quote
Old May 27, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheAirlineKid
Any luck pricing this on a reverse routing?
I need a KUL - DPS return in November, but prices are consistently around the £225 mark, compared with sub £100 going the other way. Very irritating, but £225 is still a good price in J for a 3hr flight, and if you chose the right dates you can get the A330 both ways.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Croupier
If your chasing OWE and the Airline to which will give you status is not important then I would suggest QF, you can do 7 RT trips from DPS to LGK gaining 1400 QF Status credits for 959 EUR then get your 4 QF segments on Jetstar KUL-SIN 2 RT trips for 88 EUR so OWE for 1047 EUR total. (Note: KUL-SIN might actually cost a little more because you will have to make sure you buy the ticket with a bundle that includes earn on QF)

Then use your 26000 accumulated QF points for a CX ow F seat from HKG to TPE :-) add 35 EUR for tax.
This is correct but bear in mind that you need to factor in 14 nights accommodation cost in LGK due to the 2 night minimum stay requirement.
But I agree that DPS/LGW is a great status credit earner for QFF
Old May 27, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Anyone done positioning into dps before?
Was it easy?

any possibility of a turn kuldpskul?
thanks for your inputs..
Old May 28, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by minz56
Assuming you mean LGK (and not LGW), I think it's a great earner on many programs. Fly MH and credit to BAEC and it's 160tp's for £120. Beats going to Tallinn.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
That's very reasonable for a decent business class mid-haul. Shame it doesn't work the other way round quite as cheaply as I could probably make use of that.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, EK Skywards Blue, EY Guest Blue
Any inputs on the possibility of this being available post 31 May? They extended the deadline once I don't see why they can't do it again
Old May 29, 2018, 6:27 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by TheAirlineKid
Any inputs on the possibility of this being available post 31 May? They extended the deadline once I don't see why they can't do it again
They come back again and again. I think this one had been around for some time before the sale was "announced" as I'm always seeing deals with MH in Z.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:50 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by minz56
This is correct but bear in mind that you need to factor in 14 nights accommodation cost in LGK due to the 2 night minimum stay requirement.
The 14 nights might be cheaper in KUL and there's a $47 RT fare LGK-KUL regularly available. Of course, nothing wrong with a little beach vacation with your MR/Status runs aka SR's since the MR is dead, for most.

Last edited by rbAA; May 29, 2018 at 7:11 am
Old May 30, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Great fare. Just booked DPS-KUL-DPS, as I needed 65 TP's for BA Gold for 2019-20, and I just happened to be in Jakarta in October. I don't mind a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur (effectively one full day). I looked at an add-on to PEN, but it seemed unreasonably expensive.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by Grace B
Great fare. Just booked DPS-KUL-DPS, as I needed 65 TP's for BA Gold for 2019-20, and I just happened to be in Jakarta in October. I don't mind a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur (effectively one full day). I looked at an add-on to PEN, but it seemed unreasonably expensive.
JHB could be added for a grand total of 2.2m idr on some days where the stars are aligned
Old May 30, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by tycosiao
JHB could be added for a grand total of 2.2m idr on some days where the stars are aligned
Yes, I checked JHB too, but it obviously wasn't one of the days where the stars were aligned. But, KUL will do nicely...
Old May 30, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
How are you going from CGK to DPS? I have found domestic transfers a real PITA.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by CX_newbie
How are you going from CGK to DPS? I have found domestic transfers a real PITA.
As long as you’re flying from CGK it’s not that horrid. Don’t book tight connections. I’d say 3 hours. Avoid Wings Air. Lion Air often gets later and later during the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.