Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ORD to BKK Turkish Biz $2871

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, UA, Marriott, Hilton

Books into Biz J. Availability in Oct Nov. Seems like a decent deal.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by rr7610
Books into Biz J. Availability in Oct Nov. Seems like a decent deal.
Also seeing some dates in May. Not bad. But seeing this as a 777 with the dreadful 2-3-2 layout on the ORD-IST leg and 330 -2-2-2 layout IST to BKK..
Old May 7, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
This has been the normal J fare from ORD to BKK on TK for at least the last 6 - 9 months.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by cheltzel
This has been the normal J fare from ORD to BKK on TK for at least the last 6 - 9 months.
Indeed, plus a few Chinese carriers commonly offer the route at approx. 2,500, sometimes less, with shorter layovers.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Indeed, plus a few Chinese carriers commonly offer the route at approx. 2,500, sometimes less, with shorter layovers.
From what I've seen that seems to be very intermittent, unless you have one to share
Old May 7, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Also seeing some dates in May. Not bad. But seeing this as a 777 with the dreadful 2-3-2 layout on the ORD-IST leg and 330 -2-2-2 layout IST to BKK..
2-3-2 may be subpar, but on TK it seems much more spacious than the EK triple 7. Service on TK is supposedly very nice as well, so I don't think I'll mind the seating arrangement. The lounge in IST seems worth visiting as well, though does seem to get quite crowded.

Last edited by ChubbyPanda123; May 7, 2018 at 7:47 am Reason: Added remark
Old May 7, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ChubbyPanda123
2-3-2 may be subpar, but on TK it seems much more spacious than the EK triple 7. Service on TK is supposedly very nice as well, so I don't think I'll mind the seating arrangement. The lounge in IST seems worth visiting as well, though does seem to get quite crowded.
The TK pairing is a good choice if you enjoy the wide open spaces as the business cabin breathes well. If I was traveling with someone the 2 across is not of as much concern. For travelers who enjoy their privacy I would go elsewhere. The TK food is amazing. IST airport can become very very crowded including the lounge.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by cheltzel
From what I've seen that seems to be very intermittent, unless you have one to share
Not now -- it's been at least a few weeks since I saw the CE fare at 2500, but I've seen it more often than not when browsing over the past 6+ months.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Not now -- it's been at least a few weeks since I saw the CE fare at 2500, but I've seen it more often than not when browsing over the past 6+ months.
My only problem with the HU and MU flights is they don't earn any miles for me (not a DL member). That and the risk of a 4 - 6 hour flight on a 737. I know some are all wide body but as I recall these are often excluded form the cheap fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.