Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: AMS/FCO/CDG to SJC/SFO in PE for £710 / $1K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club

Some good deals in AA Premium Economy from various European cities to the SF Bay Area, including open-jaws. I booked for mid-May 2018 (ie 2 weeks' time)

I got AMS-SJC return via DFW for £707 ($973) but there were a bunch of other options such as starting from FCO, MUC or CDG, some with slightly higher prices. They don't all appear at those prices immediately on search on Google or AA.com unless you select the outbound first.

https://goo.gl/flights/sntzt

https://goo.gl/flights/sfvUe
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...c=p;a=ONEWORLD

This period and a lot of the year it is much cheaper £5-600 starting in ARN/OSL/GOT/CPH

This isn’t a new deal!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Why isn't it a new deal? I haven't seen this fare before, the one you link to is from a lot less convenient departure points (£707 + £59 Eurostar return is a lot cheaper and convenient than flying to Norway for me personally...) and is a BA stock ticket. Why shoot down people who actually share deals?!

Thank you for sharing OP, I found it useful at least.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
That is an amazing deal for PE
af fp likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry and no shooting intended - however the fare I noted it has been discussed a lot over last 9/12 months

also, for those positioning and back to backing I would not recommend FCO or CDG

And it’s £200 less from my starting points. Quite significant if a family of four for example
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I use the ex-ARN flights on BA myself. I'm well aware of them, thanks. Did one a couple of weeks ago

I posted this because (a) it's from different cities, (b) it's available on 14 days notice, and (c) it's on AA rather than BA - and I'd rather fly on an AA 777 in PE to DFW, than one of the old ex-LGW unrefurbed ones into OAK. Also (d) you can position from LCY rather than LHR

Also, I tend to overnight before an ex-EU, and there are more flight options for AMS (or indeed flying into RTM, as I'm doing this time). I'd also rather have a Sunday night in Amsterdam, Rome or Madrid than Stockholm.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by obduro
... the one you link to is from a lot less convenient departure points (£707 + £59 Eurostar return is a lot cheaper and convenient than flying to Norway
The £59 return on Eurostar is not available to AMS and it's not that easy to find to Paris, plus you need to add €10 each way from Gare du Nord to CDG. It might help you to search for one-way flights LHR to ARN on SAS (from £32) or LGW to OSL on Norwegian (even less).

You might also want to try searching departures that use Delta's Dusseldorf to Atlanta route with onward connections to West Coast. Obviously internal PE is not as good as BA long-haul but TATL segment is fine and some desinations start from around £650 if you book well in advance.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Is this still up? No luck finding on matrix or Google - are there any blackouts/restrictions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.