Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

WY/MH CAI-MEL from USD 1550 in business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WY/MH CAI-MEL from USD 1550 in business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Melissa Barnes
I'm looking at the same route but with return almost 12mths in advance. On the Omanair website it is pricing out at around €1400 so not much dearer. My issue is the arriving flight into CAI - how much time do I give myself given the flights won't be on a through ticket? Is 4hrs enough or should I look for something else
If you have to enter collect your bags and enter Egypt. then mess about with a terminal change to check in and go back airside, 4 hours should be OK: and of course it's plenty time for a hand-baggage only transfer airside.

But it all depends on your appetite for risk - flights do get delayed, and if you are booking almost a year out, there's the risk of schedule changes. The Novotel at the airport will set you back USD50/60: a price you might be happy to pay for an overnight stay and peace of mind.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:15 am

There is another thread talks about this. Generally allowing two hours would be fine even with luggage. The transfer desk personnel will pick up your luggage for you and then recheck into your new flight supposedly.

In CAI yesterday I allowed 1:45 for a BA flight from LHR connecting to EY to AUH. BA flight delayed for 30 minutes. Then I had a run to the connecting desk. Turned out to be fine. Same terminal isn’t essential but if you go without luggage would be better.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: some
Thanks to the OP. Just booked this - great deal!
Old May 25, 2018, 3:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As of 23/0518 , WY has adjusted its fares; CAI-MEL so that excluding taxes (in USD)

Via WY and GA
CAI-MEL
R class (max 6 months) has changed from $1234 to $2992
D class (max 12 months has changed from $1418 to $3176
C class (max 12 months has changed from $1632 to $3454

Via WY and MH
CAI-MEL
R class (max 6 months) has changed from $1301 to $2405
D class (max 12 months has changed from $1487 to $2591
C class (max 12 months has changed from $1705 to $2668
Old May 25, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: some
Woah! That's quite the change!!!
Old May 25, 2018, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Fliar
Woah! That's quite the change!!!
Ya - on Friday last week, it was still easy to buy at the old price - by Sunday, Oman was no longer pricing MH or GA fares( though EF showed the fares ) - on tuesday, managed to get one of the GA fares from an agent - on Wednesday the new fares were showing in Expert Flyer

Shame that WY, the last hangout of the cheap fares after the Cairo currency plummeted, finally adjusted its fares
Fliar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.