Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: IST-CGK/DPS in Business $1,500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ: IST-CGK/DPS in Business $1,500

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by qupasyd
This is a Singapore Airlines Business Lite (D) fare between Istanbul and either Jakarta or Denpasar (Bali). It is an extra $100 per direction to book into Business Standard (U), which is eligible for mileage upgrades while D is not
Nice find

There's no real point in booking an upgradable Business fare as IST and DPS don't even get F, whereas CGK does but it's only an hour's flight.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Worst J flat seat in the sky today, needs contouring your body into a noodlesque position to actually be flat. Demotivated crew and generally poor service in a half empty cabin. No Thank You.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ashkale
Worst J flat seat in the sky today, needs contouring your body into a noodlesque position to actually be flat. Demotivated crew and generally poor service in a half empty cabin. No Thank You.
You sure you flew SQ. I find that hard to believe.
haroon145 and sushimaru like this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:16 am

i find it hard to believe it was SQ you flew with, would you care to elaborate pls as to what happened?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Those who have flown SQ to IST, will know starting from the bus gates to in flight service nothing about this route feels premium. The seats are in a bad shape, the IFE is from another era and top it , the crew get less than a day in IST so obviously not particularly motivated. I flew return in J last year and got 2 FAs who must have been under the grey-hair hiring program- quickly settled into the J seat for the rest of the flight. The rest of the crew couldn't really care less.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Those who have flown SQ to IST, will know starting from the bus gates to in flight service nothing about this route feels premium. The seats are in a bad shape, the IFE is from another era and top it , the crew get less than a day in IST so obviously not particularly motivated. I flew return in J last year and got 2 FAs who must have been under the grey-hair hiring program- quickly settled into the J seat for the rest of the flight. The rest of the crew couldn't really care less.
Agreed the IFE on these refitted 772ERs are ancient. However extremely surprised about your comment on the vrew, i fly SQ a lot, including a few times on the IST SIN flights, have never encountered a crew like this... granted there are uninterested crews from time to time, but this bad? Never seen one...
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Those who have flown SQ to IST, will know starting from the bus gates to in flight service nothing about this route feels premium.
Speak for yourself.

The seats are in a bad shape, the IFE is from another era and top it , the crew get less than a day in IST so obviously not particularly motivated. I flew return in J last year and got 2 FAs who must have been under the grey-hair hiring program- quickly settled into the J seat for the rest of the flight. The rest of the crew couldn't really care less.
I've flown SQ to/from IST a handful of times, so my sample size probably pales in comparison. However, I've always received good service, both on the inbound and outbound. Then again, I've always made it a point to be friendly to the crew, without resorting to insults when things fall short of my expectations
jiaogulan likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:03 pm

The only time I have flown SQ J was in December 2016 SYD-SIN on this 777-200.
I to found the seat worn and uncomfortable.The service was pretty much nonexistent and the food was dire, I remember being really excited in the lounge with high expectations of a luxurious flight but left feeling totally disappointed.

Maybe I have been spoilt flying QR J and others or just got a bad staff/catering day but since this was my first and only SQ experience? Meh. Maybe if I try them in F it will get me excited...
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:32 pm

I concur that SQ's service in J isn't always top notch. It surely is better than United's, but still below expectations. I did speak to some FAs in my last few flights, and they said that they now have fewer rest days between flights. After all, they are human beings. They do get tired.

Also, the food can be inconsistent. I always looked forward to their signature Southeast Asian meat skewers, but was disappointed all the time.

The Gulf players have truly added pressure to the east Asian carriers. Everybody needs to cut costs to survive.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:23 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I concur that SQ's service in J isn't always top notch. It surely is better than United's, but still below expectations. I did speak to some FAs in my last few flights, and they said that they now have fewer rest days between flights. After all, they are human beings. They do get tired.

Also, the food can be inconsistent. I always looked forward to their signature Southeast Asian meat skewers, but was disappointed all the time.

The Gulf players have truly added pressure to the east Asian carriers. Everybody needs to cut costs to survive.
after what they so tired so must to rest couple of days? most time of the flight they are doing nothing. why their work is more difficult than a waitress in McDonald's?
and do not write about responsibility, they have no responsibility. and for that they get a big salary and an opportunity to travel around the world, because only beggars can kill health so, and if they agreed to it, then who is to blame for them except themselves?
if you agreed to this job - work, and you try to justify their hack!
ashkale likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Nice fare, great find.

Have flown SIN/IST twice in J last year - seat is as you expect (2007 era) and I personally hate it, even in the bulkhead. The recline is limited and on 2/4 flights, my IFE did not work (having to move around the cabin to find a spare seat to watch TV show/Movie). I gave up and read instead. Not too bothered by the bus gate in IST.
Cabin crew polished as you'd expect, no qualms with them whatsoever. Food is hit and miss with SQ. Satay is consistent, but I'm finding the food to be more miss than hit, especially in ports without BTC.

At this price though, I can't complain too much! :P
ignorantcow likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by raporot
after what they so tired so must to rest couple of days? most time of the flight they are doing nothing. why their work is more difficult than a waitress in McDonald's?
Probably waaaaay fewer "I fly business class, I fly first class, I'm so effin important and expect to be treated as such" a-hole customers at McD.
raporot likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
FYI, this fare is still alive. I have just bagged IST-KUL, KUL-SIN, and SIN-IST for EUR2700 (2ppl) in June. The planes might not be the newest but with this I will do the fast track to Krisflyer gold via the Shangri-La link
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by 1flyer
Probably waaaaay fewer "I fly business class, I fly first class, I'm so effin important and expect to be treated as such" a-hole customers at McD.
Agree, I have witnessed a lot more entitled DYKWIA characters in J lately than at my local McD . I'm not a big fan of the circa-2006/2007 J seat but out of 20ish SQ segments, I have flown this year I have had only one unpleasant FA. BTC ex-SIN has been consistent but I'm always ordering essentially the same dishes.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by JFSV
FYI, this fare is still alive. I have just bagged IST-KUL, KUL-SIN, and SIN-IST for EUR2700 (2ppl) in June. The planes might not be the newest but with this I will do the fast track to Krisflyer gold via the Shangri-La link
Much more expensive now, > $ 2000,00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.