Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: BKK-IST-GRU-EZE. 24.5K miles in J, $ 2,565

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus

This one is wrong way around the world, but very useful if you want to earn a lot of miles. Bookable on Expedia at $ 2,565.00 which equals about 10.9CPM. There are lots of TK fares in J out there for about 10-12CPM if you force it to fly "wrong" way around the world with stopover in IST.

Last edited by Goaguy; Nov 28, 2018 at 10:59 pm Reason: Back, no longer expired
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:23 pm

It’s only originating from the “wrong” part of the world if you’re located in the “wrong” part of the world!

I’m currently in Asia so this is a great find... thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
It’s only originating from the “wrong” part of the world if you’re located in the “wrong” part of the world!

I’m currently in Asia so this is a great find... thanks!
I sincerely didn't mean to say "wrong part of the world", but "wrong way". My point was that this one is counter-clock-wise around the world and I thought the other way might have been shorter. But I just looked it up, it seems the straight line distance from BKK to EZE is just about the same whether you fly one way or the other around the world.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is your 24.5K calculation just actual flown miles, or based on a specific frequent flyer program?

Definitely useful for anybody needing a TK mileage run for Elite or Elite Plus.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Is your 24.5K calculation just actual flown miles, or based on a specific frequent flyer program?

Definitely useful for anybody needing a TK mileage run for Elite or Elite Plus.
Actual flown miles.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goaguy
Actual flown miles.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
If you have TK's Elite Plus, Elite, and Class Plus, this trip will earn 39000 miles (earning at 135% + 25% = 160% - wheretocredit.com has the earning rates wrong), nearly enough to renew TK's highest status, Elite Plus, each renewal of E+ has 4 total upgrade vouchers from Y to J, 1 voucher allows you to upgrade the longest possible bookable city pair like NRT-IST-EZE.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:52 am

short layovers on both sides possible? is it refundable?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:58 am

I guess this fare is no longer showing up at expedia.com.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sohnhh
I guess this fare is no longer showing up at expedia.com.
No, still there. But you have to use multi-search. However price now went up with $ 100.
Trip 1: BKK-IST
Trip2: IST-EZE
Trip3: EZE-IST
Trip4: IST-BKK

I believe you can find a lot more date pairs than what I posted in #1 . Just try.
It also shows up on Momondo bookable on Expedia and Ebookers when you do same type of search there.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:30 am

any more days? is it alive?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raporot
any more days? is it alive?
It's gone.
raporot likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Well, you can get the same route through Addis Ababa with Ethiopian Airlines, but it books into P-class which credits zero to many programs. Price around $ 3,000.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:14 pm

This fare is back until December 2. GRU/BOG/PTY are around the same price.

Example: BKK-IST-GRU-EZE -- $2,653

(Google Flights and ITA Matrix in fact indicate a wider ex-BKK sale, to European destinations for ~$1,850 and N./S. American destinations for ~$2,650. But only EZE/GRU/BOG/PTY seem to price out on the TK website.)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by vincewy
If you have TK's Elite Plus, Elite, and Class Plus, this trip will earn 39000 miles (earning at 135% + 25% = 160% - wheretocredit.com has the earning rates wrong), nearly enough to renew TK's highest status, Elite Plus, each renewal of E+ has 4 total upgrade vouchers from Y to J, 1 voucher allows you to upgrade the longest possible bookable city pair like NRT-IST-EZE.
Hi
where did you find the bonus miles per tier?
im silver tk and just completed a sin-syd sq return in J and the wheretocredit estimates were exactly what I got (ie the same as I would’ve gotten as a basic tk member)

i had wondered about this given most programs give you bonus miles for flying J while on a higher status..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.