Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KL/AF: ORD/WAS - MRU/RUN $2500 Biz [package deal]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL/AF: ORD/WAS - MRU/RUN $2500 Biz [package deal]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

KL/AF: ORD/WAS - MRU/RUN/SEZ $2200 Biz [package deal]

Fare basis: ZH1B08D1
Books into Z on AF and KL:
https://wheretocredit.com/af/z
https://wheretocredit.com/kl/z

Sample:

https://vacation.hotwire.com/package...ne.PartialStay

Last edited by IAkH; Feb 3, 2018 at 10:31 am
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
In case anyone is interested - it appears that instead of having a 2 connections, 33h duration, you can do a 1 stop in CDG, then fly Air Mauritius A350 in Business for not a whole lot more (+$195).

Looks like by itself, that flight is pricing out at $8,500/person. You can buy business flights for two and get a night at a nice hotel for about $6,000.
https://goo.gl/flights/33e6R
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by jameswes
In case anyone is interested - it appears that instead of having a 2 connections, 33h duration, you can do a 1 stop in CDG, then fly Air Mauritius A350 in Business for not a whole lot more (+$195).

Looks like by itself, that flight is pricing out at $8,500/person. You can buy business flights for two and get a night at a nice hotel for about $6,000.
https://goo.gl/flights/33e6R
Got all the way through the booking with that routing and everything looked great. Chickened out at the last second due to potential scheduling conflicts. But it definitely works with just 1 stop.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Also SEZ, but JOON segment
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:40 am

So trying to check other dates and haven't been able to search for business class only flights... not sure where that option is when searching. Can anyone help?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
I just booked some in March for a little more, thanks IAkH for posting this fare. I actually booked one set through Orbitz and the other through Travelocity since two couples are traveling together. Fares were comparable on those sites. Thanks again.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by George84
So trying to check other dates and haven't been able to search for business class only flights... not sure where that option is when searching. Can anyone help?

FYI, the price has gone down even more! Sample in my OP is down to $2200, and if you change to xp, it's just over $2100:
https://www.expedia.com/packagesearc...ne.PartialStay
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:11 pm

Sorry! What does XP mean?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Mo AbdoolRaman
Sorry! What does XP mean?
I’m guessing Expedia
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HLT1904
I just booked some in March for a little more, thanks IAkH for posting this fare.
I'm not finding anything close to that price in March, could you share your dates?

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
I booked for mid Summer ORD-MRU. For what it’s worth, it seems you can book the package, and then cancel one part of the reservation. The price came down after my initial booking and I was still in 24 hr window. I called to cancel and the flight and hotel were cancelled independently of each other. This could, potentially, bring the price down further for couples or groups if you can book the package and then cancel the hotel portion only for all but one traveler.

ive got 5 days on Mauritius; considering a hop up to the Seychelles, but cheapest I see is $565.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stygian7
I booked for mid Summer ORD-MRU. For what it’s worth, it seems you can book the package, and then cancel one part of the reservation. The price came down after my initial booking and I was still in 24 hr window. I called to cancel and the flight and hotel were cancelled independently of each other. This could, potentially, bring the price down further for couples or groups if you can book the package and then cancel the hotel portion only for all but one traveler.

ive got 5 days on Mauritius; considering a hop up to the Seychelles, but cheapest I see is $565.
Just throw away the hotel portion.. no need to attract any more attention.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:35 pm

Flying out on 18th - 25th return date. I played with all the dates and that was the only one I could get to work. Another couple wanted to join us and fares are definitely gone for those dates. Now economy is more than I paid for J tickets with hotel.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

Credit with “special fare”

I nabbed this for a July trip. Can anyone confirm how this will credit to DL? It booked into “z” class for AF/KLM marketed & metal but the Expedia system says “special fare”. I’ve always booked directly with an airline so wasn’t sure if the special fare supercedes the actual fare class (and reading online still has me confused). Any insight would be appreciated!

Last edited by MM1142; Feb 10, 2018 at 5:54 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:27 pm

Just realized this is a KLM flight with a DL (006) ticket number. Everything has to been done through the KLM website and DL website does not recognize it. Has anyone else on this package noticed the same thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.