Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Syd-ams ci pe $1500 aud a350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Good one for Aussies looking for a cheap comfortable trip to Europe, obviously very difficult to earn regularly on Sky team ex AU. PE on CI's A350 looks really nice.
On Matrix I was able to get a awesome 70+hr layover in TPE, love Taipei ^
I'm surprised this one is pretty much off the radar.

Taymour likes this.

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 21, 2018 at 12:56 am
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: QFF
One way

eorks out 1,000 AUD one wasy also
Prem economy looks excellent.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glenngleep
eorks out 1,000 AUD one wasy also
Prem economy looks excellent.
Yeah I know, Ive travelled worse business....... intra EU

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 21, 2018 at 1:45 am
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
It's odd - PEY prices out cheaper then Y on many dates to many destinations. This fare is also available during peak periods ex AU (summer), bringing a PEY fare up to $800 cheaper than economy on other airlines.

Biz class for around $4300 (again in AUD) is a bargain.

Just out of interest I looked at their skycouch. They charge USD1000 extra from AU-Europe by the looks of it (each way). But by the time you add that to the Y fares you might as well be in biz.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:06 am

What a steal, I wish it worked the other way around
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tsun
What a steal, I wish it worked the other way around
For Australians yes it’s a steal, we are mostly always ripped off on airfares etc, for some reason the world must think we are rich however we pay huge income tax, rates, electricity, fuel, public transport, vehicle cost and registration, food, hotels, etc.
Oh not only that sometimes it’s cheaper to buy an economy ticket than to redeem Qantas points and pay the tax.....
Try holidaying in Australia and see for yourself ))

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 21, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
CI’s A350 Premium Economy is truly fantastic. The seats are crazy comfortable, and the 2-3-2 seating is really generous. It’s way better than SQ, which is the other product I can compare it against directly. The only knock against it is that the catering is pretty mediocre - totally fine and tasty, but feels like the standard economy meals and is not really luxurious in any way. Still, the price savings buys an awful lot of fancy food on the ground.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Croupier

For Australians yes it’s a steal, we are mostly always ripped off on airfares etc, for some reason the world must think we are rich however we pay huge income tax, rates, electricity, fuel, public transport, vehicle cost and registration, food, hotels, etc.
Oh not only that sometimes it’s cheaper to buy an economy ticket than to redeem Qantas points and pay the tax.....
preach preacher
casomers likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier

well flying TO Australia is never cheap either. I'm still kicking myself for not doing that $650 ANA deal ex-yvr.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand

well flying TO Australia is never cheap either. I'm still kicking myself for not doing that $650 ANA deal ex-Yvr

edit: unless you leave from arn or got
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
This is a bargain. Great find OP.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Biz class for around $4300 (again in AUD) is a bargain.
I’m seeing $3900-4000 AUD for most dates throughout peak northern hemisphere for Europe (June to Sept). That is indeed a bargain for a good hard product originating in Australia. Their business class is almost identical in design to Virgin Australia for local folks trying to compare.

Fare code is DDAS25F. According to wheretocredit, D earns reasonably well among SkaryTeam members despite being a ‘Super Discounted Business Fare’ according to CI. Anyone care to advise the best crediting for Australians? KE and DL might work for their partnerships...?

Fare conditions allow stopovers at $200 AUD and Open Jaws are also possible. Ticket is valid from January 16 through to December 12th. Must be ticketed on or before February 18th. No minimum length of stay.

Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Gold_Member

I’m seeing $3900-4000 AUD for most dates throughout peak northern hemisphere for Europe (June to Sept). That is indeed a bargain for a good hard product originating in Australia. Their business class is almost identical in design to Virgin Australia for local folks trying to compare.

Fare code is DDAS25F. According to wheretocredit, D earns reasonably well among SkaryTeam members despite being a ‘Super Discounted Business Fare’ according to CI. Anyone care to advise the best crediting for Australians? KE and DL might work for their partnerships...?

Fare conditions allow stopovers at $200 AUD and Open Jaws are also possible. Ticket is valid from January 16 through to December 12th. Must be ticketed on or before February 18th. No minimum length of stay.

Credit to DL, can use miles and status on VA.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:06 am

Good fare to the US as well. LAX, SFO, and JFK are all available for $1,651 AUD in PE / $4,124 AUD in business. The PE fares ex-US to Sydney are also fairly good: ~$2,000 USD out of JFK or LAX and ~$1,600 USD out of SFO.

PE and Business on CI both only earn 100% Delta RDM and MQM. But the 20% MQD would be substantial ($4,928 for SYD-TPE-JFK).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.