Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Qatar : CPT - LAX $2,132 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:30 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- another round of deals to LAX for South Africa

- all 777 operated so make sure QSuite is installed (or be ok with old config)

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CPT-LAX/2018-02-01/2018-02-15/business?er=t&sort=bestflight_a
deovrat likes this.

Last edited by MightyTravels; Dec 1, 2017 at 10:50 am Reason: deals have been as low before
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
- first time these deals go to West Coast airports for Qatar at these price levels
- all 777 operated so make sure QSuite is installed

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CPT-LA...t=bestflight_a
Good fare but definitely not the first time at these levels.

$1957

$2081

I also seem to recall seeing it close to $1700 at one point. Also don't think Qsuites are available on any of these legs, these are the old 777 configs.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:50 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NomadNick
Good fare but definitely not the first time at these levels.

$1957

$2081

I also seem to recall seeing it close to $1700 at one point. Also don't think Qsuites are available on any of these legs, these are the old 777 configs.
Edited the post - thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Unfortunately, QR continues to run their 777-200 on the LAX route. While the soft product is great and it is full lie flat, it's probably one of their worst longhaul business seats.

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Dec 1, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Unfortunately, QR continues to run their 777-200 on the LAX route. While the soft product is great and it is full light flat, it's probably one of their worst longhaul business seats.
Which is the prompt for a whole bunch of us to pipe up about the B777 having quite the best business seat.

All of which is silly: comfort, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
solewalker and rollthere like this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:58 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

According to this article all 777 will be retro-fitted by the end of 2018.

http://atwonline.com/airlines/qatar-...rsion-end-2018
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
According to this article all 777 will be retro-fitted by the end of 2018.

http://atwonline.com/airlines/qatar-...rsion-end-2018
Does the article mention if it is the 777-200s as well? I don't subscribe to the website so can't read the entire story.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Which is the prompt for a whole bunch of us to pipe up about the B777 having quite the best business seat.

All of which is silly: comfort, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
I would phrase it a bit differently. Comfort is in the back of the sleeper.
I don't mind the B777 old style seats, They are comfortable to me. Perfect when traveling with my spouse and sometimes, when traveling with someone you don't know, a chance to have a good discussion.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:28 pm

I personally disliked the 777-200LR when it comes to ultra-ultra-long haul. Took it with the Pho fare to EZE, man oh man was that an experience. My seat was at least 15 degrees tilted and the head piece was in an even weirder position. You will quickly run out of things to talk with the seatmate who you are gonna intimately touch hands with on the center console. Rest 10 hours are pure awkwardness. (for me it is 14 hours) I also really do not like the lack of privacy. make sure you do not select 5B or 5H, a passenger finishing loo on my GRU-EZE flight literally fell onto a girl sleeping in 5B since it was so exposed from the change of aisle width and he tripped all over her.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by beyounged
I personally disliked the 777-200LR when it comes to ultra-ultra-long haul. Took it with the Pho fare to EZE, man oh man was that an experience. My seat was at least 15 degrees tilted and the head piece was in an even weirder position. You will quickly run out of things to talk with the seatmate who you are gonna intimately touch hands with on the center console. Rest 10 hours are pure awkwardness. (for me it is 14 hours) I also really do not like the lack of privacy. make sure you do not select 5B or 5H, a passenger finishing loo on my GRU-EZE flight literally fell onto a girl sleeping in 5B since it was so exposed from the change of aisle width and he tripped all over her.
I strongly disagree with most of the stuff you're saying about the 777's - I find the seats to be HUGE compared to those reverse herringbone seats, and I love the roomy feel especially if flying alone and seated in the middle section. Out of my 40 or so ULH flights with QR, not once have I 'touched hands' on the center console lol. It's a very awkward position/feeling to rest your hand there.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:58 pm

Red face

[QUOTE=Gino Troian;29124300 Out of my 40 or so ULH flights with QR, not once have I 'touched hands' on the center console lol. It's a very awkward position/feeling to rest your hand there.[/QUOTE]

Some people are natural born gropers and some are not
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
I strongly disagree with most of the stuff you're saying about the 777's - I find the seats to be HUGE compared to those reverse herringbone seats, and I love the roomy feel especially if flying alone and seated in the middle section. Out of my 40 or so ULH flights with QR, not once have I 'touched hands' on the center console lol. It's a very awkward position/feeling to rest your hand there.
each person to his or her own I guess. I love the enormous space as well, and I feel like that girl is not too happy with the position of her seat. (but I personally believe that there is diminishing return with legroom past lie flat, max value is achieved when your legroom is just a bit more than the furthest you can stretch, past that the extra room is not as valuale as for example 28'' to 34''. Unless you get space big enough to walk and sit around like EY F)Also I feel bad the guys next to me in aisle got woken up when I got my meals, Dine on Demand and no-direct aisle access does not mix very well. I agree that QR still has a phenomenal service on the route, but on a route as long as DOH-LAX I feel privacy gets much more value. I do not dislike it enough to avoid it at all costs, but I feel the ultra long haul pax are gettng subpar treatment where it is the most important, unless the pho fare strkes agan then I am a cheap person and will not hesitate to book :P
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Whilst QR said the 777 fleet would be all Qsuites by the end of 2018, based on current progress a view being expressed on the QR forum is that there is no chance the 2018 date will be achieved.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I prefer the 777-200 seats over the A350 seats but then all 4 of my DOH-LAX flights were with my wife so we didn't have any neighbor privacy issues.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Anyone know the fare rules for max stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.