Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia : IST - CGK $778 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia : IST - CGK $778 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
When we flew last year, the flight into CGK was on a new 777 which was very nice.
Then you've been lucky because most of the Jakarta flights have the older business class. And beware, last week they also put a -hopefully one off- B777-200ER on the route which is totally crap.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:51 am

If you wanna depart from CGK: go to DXB with UL, that's about 985 USD t/r I-class (115 USD more on D-class). Book on their homepage. Lota of dates deep into 2019, long validity tickets, refunable etc. Mainly widebodies
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:27 pm

Price to KUL (flown with 787) droped to €710:

https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=e...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:42 am

Not bookable at $710, reprices to $977
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by zaibii
Not bookable at $710, reprices to $977
750€ not far off 710€, or 745€ if you do the dates in the link 14-16 September

Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Croupier

750€ not far off 710€, or 745€ if you do the dates in the link 14-16 September

What currency is the screenshot quoting the price in?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:13 am

AUD .com.au Aussie site.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Australian dollars
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:35 am

Anyway, a good price for Europe-Asia all wide body.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Hollandair
Do all 777's have new business class?
Originally Posted by bodory
Unfortunately no: most of them don't have it.
Flew (again) the JED-CGK recently. It was old business class on the 772 (2-3-2 lie flat on 2 rows) but hard to complain given the price (it was another SV fare).

IFE was also not working but I did not care since I slept all the way.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Have done a FCO-RUH-CGK one way and I can only say it was quite pleasant. Comfy recliners with huge amounts of leg space on the narrow body first leg [which is absolutely fine for a daytime flight] and a new 777 in a 2-2-2 configuration for the last leg to Jakarta, where I managed a good sleep.

Food was great, service so-so. Dinner service seemed to last forever on both flights as they were just so slow serving. And I can't understand why they never do any drink runs or even offer a drink besides water with the meal. Although all the times I pressed the call button out of meal times, the FAs did come and did serve a drink.

Of course, it's no comparison whatsoever to SQ business class which I flew on the return. But for this price I'd certainly do it again as it wan't a bad experience at all despite the lack in service, alcohol. You get a good sleep, a tasty meal, and tons of miles and XP which make [re]qualifying easy this way.

Transiting RUH was also easy. Took ten/fifteen minutes max.from disembarking to arriving at the lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:06 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
Then you've been lucky because most of the Jakarta flights have the older business class. And beware, last week they also put a -hopefully one off- B777-200ER on the route which is totally crap.
I did MXP-JED-CGK in J a couple of weeks ago. MXP-JED was a slightly worn A320, but left on-time.

11-hour transit in JED (have a visa so I met up with some acquaintances; there was a possibility for a 2-3 hour layover, but I'd rather get some eats in the city than spend any longer in that pitiful airport). In case anyone's curious, JED has a priority immigration lane, but not security (though the latter has never been more than a few minutes wait, due in part to the lethargic security)

Clean-looking 773 ER + comfortable lie-flat did the rest, but damn are CGK (and Malay/Thai immigration staff) lazy.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I did MXP-JED-CGK in J a couple of weeks ago. MXP-JED was a slightly worn A320, but left on-time.

11-hour transit in JED (have a visa so I met up with some acquaintances; there was a possibility for a 2-3 hour layover, but I'd rather get some eats in the city than spend any longer in that pitiful airport). In case anyone's curious, JED has a priority immigration lane, but not security (though the latter has never been more than a few minutes wait, due in part to the lethargic security)

Clean-looking 773 ER + comfortable lie-flat did the rest, but damn are CGK (and Malay/Thai immigration staff) lazy.
How did you get a visa? Which nationality are you?

Thank you
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
- all widebody legs

- books into I

- does not work OW this time

https://www.momondo.com/flightsearch...false&NA=false
Is there anyway to get this to price in a side trip to Bahrain?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
How did you get a visa? Which nationality are you?
Why of why does that visa question always turn up. There is no need for one for transfers under 12 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.