Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Qr KBP-HKT €1371 / KBP-HKT €1385

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qr KBP-HKT €1371 / KBP-HKT €1385

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Qr Kiev, kbp-hkt €1371 / kbp-sgn €1385

Not an earth shattering deal but still represents good value when you consider that it is not a usually cheap fare departing city.

Books into R class
KBP-HKT J QR €1371
Mix of A320,777, all lie flat.

Books into I class
KBP-SGN J QR €1385
Mix of A320,787,A330 all lie flat.

EDIT: Apologies about the title but Flyertalk is extremely bug riddled on my iPhone 6s iOS 11, In both desktop and mobile mode.
It has a mind of its own it seems?

Last edited by Croupier; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:45 am Reason: Website is buggy in mobile and desktop mode on iPhone
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
KPB=Kiev

Nice the OP went to trouble of providing the maps 'n all, but it's really helpful to spell out "less well-known" cities/airports by name in the thread title.

Kiev represents just one extra keystroke over KPB.

and, yes, I know we're talking Boryspil (UKBB) rather Zhuliany (UKKK). But that detail becomes clear in the the thread text.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Kiev represents just one extra keystroke over KPB
One misplaced keystroke, KPB is actually Point Baker Seaplane Base located in Point Baker, a community in the Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska.

KBP is Kiev Boryspil International Airport if anyone is wondering.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Croupier

KBP is Kiev Boryspil International Airport if anyone is wondering.

It is indeed!

I hadn't noticed you'd actually got the wrong code in the title of your original post*, and sorry I carelessly incorporated your mistake into my reply.

One more reason for using place names, rather than unfamiliar codes

* are you able to correct that - or is that the preserve of Mods?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

It is indeed!

I hadn't noticed you'd actually got the wrong code in the title of your original post*, and sorry I carelessly incorporated your mistake into my reply.

One more reason for using place names, rather than unfamiliar codes

* are you able to correct that - or is that the preserve of Mods?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

i can’t correct it unfortunately, it’s a bug when using my iPhone to post on Flyertalk, I find i very difficult to post or edit, screen resolutions ssues, cursor placement issues and for some reason capitals get funked up in my thread titles?

In the last image under my edit of my the original post you can see the Thread tile both correct and incorrect?

Just trying to reply now and my screen went like this:

Very frustrating, I’m traveling so have no access to computer :-(
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Nice the OP went to trouble of providing the maps 'n all, but it's really helpful to spell out "less well-known" cities/airports by name in the thread title.
I'd argue KBP is a well-known airport; it's a major hub for Ukraine Airlines and it's the capital city.

HKT on the other hand, I think for some may be harder to place (although appears to be becoming more recognised with the increase in long-haul flights).

Only Mods can change thread titles after the first few minutes grace.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by jbfield
I'd argue KBP is a well-known airport; it's a major hub for Ukraine Airlines and it's the capital city.

HKT on the other hand, I think for some may be harder to place (although appears to be becoming more recognised with the increase in long-haul flights).

Only Mods can change thread titles after the first few minutes grace.
Really? I've been playing this game for a year and I see Phuket / HKT come up pretty often, especially due to QR. HKT is a pretty catchy for the eyes airport code as well, in my opinion. Ukraine Airlines gets little to no love however, unless I am missing something. I've never heard of KBP in my life and I am a detail freak.

Maybe it's my Asian > Europe bias, though. Can at least use the "KGB" thing to remember what KBP is now. Yes, I know Ukraine is not Russia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.