Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1242 (£950) Alitalia Business- LON- DEL Round Trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum

Been kicking around for a while, but seems perhaps even a tad bit lower. In either case- seemed worth reminding. If this is a duplicate- apologies.

Swiss is coming in at $1500.

Alitalia have $1242-$1342.

Dates: Nov 2017- June 2018. blackouts likely over holiday.

Link: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...8,-DE,-PS;so=p
SvenAge likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Good if you want to make a donation to a bankrupt airline... I'm still waiting to be refunded for 1 of the 3 tickets I bought in last December "sale"....
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
It might be better to submit the case to a ECC office instead of just waiting for the time someone decides to refund you. ECC is definitely a good fast-track for getting a refund.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
Been kicking around for a while, but seems perhaps even a tad bit lower. In either case- seemed worth reminding. If this is a duplicate- apologies.

Swiss is coming in at $1500.

Alitalia have $1242-$1342.

Dates: Nov 2017- June 2018. blackouts likely over holiday.

Link: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...8,-DE,-PS;so=p
Seems like a good price, but many people have posted horrendous experiences with this airline. People will be booking at their own risk, especially given that they are filing for bankruptcy. I would not take the risk.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:11 pm

Loved my business class flights with them.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
FYI I got my last AZ refund immediately as i can see in the credit card statement - dated 29 September, posted 3 October.
The previous one was unexpectedly fast too.
Do not know why is that...
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
True that they filed for bankruptcy, but they have been in this state for a long time, so I wouldn't worry about buying a ticket with them; especially given their long-haul routes apparently are among the most profitable assets and would most likely be taken over by another carrier in case Alitalia decides to shut up shop.

Also, as @olouie points out, I've heard good things about their business class, so I think this deal is quite attractive and would definitely be buying if I needed to go to India (with bankruptcy protection just in case).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Admittedly it has been a couple of years since I flew AZ in Business class, but that experience was very good. Far better than LX, LH from their respective hubs.
SvenAge likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
I booked an EF earlier this year and got refunded within a week. Friendly agents on the phone, no problems at all. But yes, I read many stories here... I don't get it.

I am flying them regularly. Despite a sometimes weak service intra-Europe, their A330 longhaul product is great with experienced (older) crews and also they address me always by name and recognize my status and usually say thank you for being a loyal customer (well, I am not so to AZ, but I am to ST).

So far, Italian style. Mixed bag but usually very nice experience. Just a shame that the bar on intra-Europe flights is limited to beer, some wine and limoncello only nowadays.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:08 pm

I’ve never flow Alitalia or Etihad for that matter so looking forward to my trip from BKK to AMS in a few days from this expired deal [PREM FARE GONE] BKK-AMS (AZ) rt £819 a codeshares on EY

Any suggestions for best seats on EY 777 and AZ 330?

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by Croupier
I’ve never flow Alitalia or Etihad for that matter so looking forward to my trip from BKK to AMS in a few days from this expired deal [PREM FARE GONE] BKK-AMS (AZ) rt £819 a codeshares on EY

Cheers.
You've left it until a few days before you fly to ask for best seats? In my experience the best seats are selected first, on an EY 777 I always had a window seat with aisle access for privacy. I've never been on an AZ 330.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Cheers.
Have you looked at the seat maps?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you looked at the seat maps?
Only when first selecting seats, I usually google best seats on particular airline/aircraft for ideas. www.ausbt.com.au usually gets good comments on their reviews which usually helps me select the best seats and have used it for MH and TG but I can’t much comments for these flights.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-best-se...business-class

Originally Posted by Andy49
You've left it until a few days before you fly to ask for best seats? In my experience the best seats are selected first, on an EY 777 I always had a window seat with aisle access for privacy. I've never been on an AZ 330.
Half the seats on AZ 330 are still open and 1/4 on EY 777 so was many able to improve my selection!

Depending on what I’m after, sleep relaxation, it can make quite a difference. Last time on MH 330 overnight the throne seats in row A were great, they have a massive foot well so sleeping was extra comfy, I’ve been in another throne seat in same configuration 330 and could barely turn when lying.

I think I’ll roll with what I originally selected, 8A, 777 and 3A on the 330.

Last edited by Croupier; Oct 7, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Only when selecting seats, I usually google best seats on particular airline/aircraft for ideas. www.ausbt.com.au usually gets good comments on their reviews which usually helps me select the best seats and have used it for MH and TG but I can’t much comments for these flights.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-best-se...business-class
Why not start by checking the seat configuration as some seats (such as middles in 2-3-2) are obviously undesirable. Also, if seats aren't available, it doesn't matter how good they are, so why not focus on those seats that you can actually reserve for yourself?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:14 am

AZ: Business LHR-DEL 1015 GBP

Hello everyone,

I'm new here on this forum and found a flight LHR-FCO-DEL-FCO-LHR
Can't send an url due to new member..

Multiple dates and lengths in 2017 for 1015GBP, business class with alitalia.
Anyone experience with alitalia businessclass? And is it worth the money?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.