Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP: CPH-USA (e.g. NYC, MIA, BOS) DKK 4600+ / €1125 all in J-class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP: CPH-USA (e.g. NYC, MIA, BOS) DKK 4600+ / €1125 all in J-class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:38 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Balaa1
not found this fare ? How to book this
Here's one example that didn't immediately reprice (to apx $1900.) Try O.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...CPH1TP752;sc=b

Lie flats show on the return.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:09 pm

I flew this deal a month ago OSL-LIS-JFK. OSL-LIS was surprisingly good even with the economy-style business class seat (i.e. the food and service were better than expected).

Lie-flat on LIS-JFK was a different story. Though the hard product was totally OK, the soft product was the worst of any transatlantic flight I've experienced (and I've flown most of the major US/Euro carriers). I'd say it's worth it if you get it at this discount and OSL or CPH isn't too inconvenient to position to...but definitely wouldn't pay more than ~$1,100 r/t for it.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
This may be better as an one way for $695. Not as good as the $411 the first time around, but what can you do.

Soft product is fine, c'mon, sardine can amenity kit, hello??
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Babybluejeans
..... the soft product was the worst of any transatlantic flight I've experienced (and I've flown most of the major US/Euro carriers). I'd say it's worth it if you get it at this discount and OSL or CPH isn't too inconvenient to position to...but definitely wouldn't pay more than ~$1,100 r/t for it.
Could you provide a synopsis, what the soft product (catering I imagine) was like?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: EBG
I booked the TP business deal CPH-LIS-MIA in december and got recently on myflights app aircraft change from 330 to 340.
Have others here experienced same and does anyone know if good/bad.

Last edited by clager; Oct 14, 2017 at 7:59 am
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:53 am
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My review of the product on the lie flats 330.

The LIS TAP lounge is fine, some hot options, many fish-based. Lounge gets quite crowded but still has space and functional. There is a fast track for security.
On the 330...The lie flat seats are fine, I found them spacious. The seat had more space than the AA 787 or 772. Since this is *A, for those of you who have flown the AC 787 lie flats coffins, the TP seat is WAY roomier. I could sleep on my sides bending knees freely with no obstructions. Pick window single seats with the bed next to the window (not next to the aisle) for more privacy, if you fly solo (follow the seat map).

Soft product. Minor delay on the ground, but arrived on time. The crew was fine, not excessively attentive but responsive and effective. The amenity kit is an amazing sardine can, haven't opened it yet, lol, but very cool...Bedding was great, movies and entertainment great, headphones good, etc. They don't provide slippers, bring your own, if you want. Seat storage, there is a very large seat compartment/cabinet that you can put pretty much everything there. The food options for mains were fish, beef or pasta, had the fish, it was ok. The menu had a lot of chefs in it and I was expecting a bit better for Portuguese food, but it was just ok. It is only a 7 hour flight, so barely enough time to eat, watch a movie and get a quick nap. These flights credit 200% to many ffps, so that's great value right there.

The intra-European leg was just meh but ok...
The most important thing to remember on this fare, you get a free stopover in LIS, so use it. From LIS, you can uber anywhere for $10, cheapest transport for any European airport I have ever seen...Food is very cheap in Lisbon, and so are the hotels, but don't book last minute, if you hit a busy period hotels are expensive. It was 31 C /88 F in October in Lisbon, lol, so Fall and Spring they are busy...

I only paid $400 for this one way, but I am also considering it again for $695.

Last edited by nk15; Oct 14, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH*G, BA*G, BDP in my heart forever
Thumbs up just booked for sep 18

cph-lis-mia for 1150€ on kayak (no 330 days prebooking limit),
farebase JDKEXI0D
200% on miles and more (if i am not mistaken) - a big thx to op!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
My review of the product on the lie flats 330.

The LIS TAP lounge is fine, some hot options, many fish-based. Lounge gets quite crowded but still has space and functional. There is a fast track for security.
On the 330...The lie flat seats are fine, I found them spacious. The seat had more space than the AA 787 or 772. Since this is *A, for those of you who have flown the AC 787 lie flats coffins, the TP seat is WAY roomier. I could sleep on my sides bending knees freely with no obstructions. Pick window single seats with the bed next to the window (not next to the aisle) for more privacy, if you fly solo (follow the seat map).

Soft product. Minor delay on the ground, but arrived on time. The crew was fine, not excessively attentive but responsive and effective. The amenity kit is an amazing sardine can, haven't opened it yet, lol, but very cool...Bedding was great, movies and entertainment great, headphones good, etc. They don't provide slippers, bring your own, if you want. Seat storage, there is a very large seat compartment/cabinet that you can put pretty much everything there. The food options for mains were fish, beef or pasta, had the fish, it was ok. The menu had a lot of chefs in it and I was expecting a bit better for Portuguese food, but it was just ok. It is only a 7 hour flight, so barely enough time to eat, watch a movie and get a quick nap. These flights credit 200% to many ffps, so that's great value right there.

The intra-European leg was just meh but ok...
The most important thing to remember on this fare, you get a free stopover in LIS, so use it. From LIS, you can uber anywhere for $10, cheapest transport for any European airport I have ever seen...Food is very cheap in Lisbon, and so are the hotels, but don't book last minute, if you hit a busy period hotels are expensive. It was 31 C /88 F in October in Lisbon, lol, so Fall and Spring they are busy...

I only paid $400 for this one way, but I am also considering it again for $695.
How'd you get free stopover in Lisbon? I see the fare jump when the stop in Lisbon is more than 24 hours...
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Also what seats are on the MIA to LIS flight? Guaranteed lie flat?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
How'd you get free stopover in Lisbon? I see the fare jump when the stop in Lisbon is more than 24 hours...
You have to play with the dates, the stopover may not be available for every day. See example in April:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...MIA0TP223;sc=b

The lie flats I believe are currently on the BOS/NYC routes only, but supposedly the plan is to refurbish the rest of the 330s with the lie flat seat, so later in Spring of 2017 the lie flats appear on the MIA route (after April, I think) as per google flights. However, who knows for sure and there are no guarantees, this may be erroneous info, they may not be ready for your dates, there may be an aircraft substitution, etc. My review is based on the BOS/NYC routes.

Btw, this fare was just posted on the OMATT blog, so it would attract more bookings, maybe some availability will dwindle...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:56 am

I cannot get it to price that cheap for a one way to new York in Jan
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:26 am

Some flights to MIA are already scheduled with the new fully flat seat. If you search various dates on Google flights it will display either 'lie flat' or 'angled flat'. It varies date by date. And of course, nothing is guaranteed. The aircraft could change ten times between now and a months time.

Last edited by 108912; Oct 16, 2017 at 2:32 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by AStarr
I can't seem to find any updates on this either. The dates I need all pull up the angled seats so I would assume that they wouldn't be updated by the time I flew
I assume this offer is gone? It comes out €3200..
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
I assume this offer is gone? It comes out €3200..
No, MIA is still working to a lot of dates in the next months. Try to use them via GF and you will find some dates.

https://www.google.ch/flights/#searc...P756;sc=b;a=TP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.