Wiki Posts
Search

Ba: Ams-bkk r/t €1386

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB
Ba: Ams-bkk r/t €1386

GF shows availability from end September 2017 till June 2018. Price on GF is higher than on OTA (I checked Momondo).

Also ST flights from OSL-BKK for €1287 R/T.

Source: https://travel-dealz.de
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:04 am

Widely reported before:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...roundtrip.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...kk-1655-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...390-euros.html
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Standard BA for Ams bkk in business. Feel sorry for my manager flying EVA air in Economy for 1.110€ with his family, while another colleague paid 1.250€ per adult for business on BA in the same periode out of AMS

did not have the courage to tel him, he probaly only looked for cheapest tickets to BKK.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Gold
Thank you very much - I picked this one up. Organised it so that it's a day in AMS, overnight in London before going out to BKK.
I threw HKG into the mix on the way back for a little variety as my points will have reset and want to make the most of OWE before it's acquired again.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 20Rothmans
Thank you very much - I picked this one up. Organised it so that it's a day in AMS, overnight in London before going out to BKK.
I threw HKG into the mix on the way back for a little variety as my points will have reset and want to make the most of OWE before it's acquired again.
Out of interest, when is this booked for and did you book it on the BA website?

I've been booking this sort of itinerary this year, I've done two trips already and have one more in August. However for October and December the BA website does not give the BKK-HKG-LHR option. I'm coming back on BA10 from BKK in October and for December I managed to get BKK-HKG-LHR on eBookers with the BKK-HKG on Royal Jordanian!

The BA website just seemed to be devoid of all options through HKG. For December it offered through KUL with a 1 hour connection. I prefer 4 hours in The Pier/The Wing!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by manymany
Out of interest, when is this booked for and did you book it on the BA website?

I've been booking this sort of itinerary this year, I've done two trips already and have one more in August. However for October and December the BA website does not give the BKK-HKG-LHR option. I'm coming back on BA10 from BKK in October and for December I managed to get BKK-HKG-LHR on eBookers with the BKK-HKG on Royal Jordanian!

The BA website just seemed to be devoid of all options through HKG. For December it offered through KUL with a 1 hour connection. I prefer 4 hours in The Pier/The Wing!
Best way is to call BA with the exact flights you wish to take. They can handle it no problem on the phone. Don't rely on BA.com as its useless.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Gold
@manymany :
Constructed on Google flights and booked through BA. It starts in the first week of December and I return two weeks later.
BA441 BA9 CX712 BA28 BA440
It wanted another €440 for me to break in HKG for a couple of days.

When I looked at LHR-HKG-BKK it would not offer CX - everything was RJ.

Please note that the 3x32kg baggage allowance reduces to 2x23kg on the CX flight for some reason. I just have to hope that they are not too strict about that

@rossmacd - I agree about the website! If I had any brains I would have just called.

Last edited by 20Rothmans; Jul 30, 2017 at 6:10 am Reason: Replying to rossmacd
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
@20Rothmans & @rossmacd I will have to bite the bullet and try calling next time! I've tried calling before to purchase an ex-EU from ARN in £ but they couldn't even replicate what I could see on BA.com and quoted over £2k. And I called twice.

Thanks for the replys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.