Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Qantas Gold for A$3800 DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB-DOH

Qantas Gold for A$3800 DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB-DOH

Old May 18, 17, 12:14 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: OOL/DOH
Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Posts: 3,192
Qantas Gold for A$3800 DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB-DOH

May be a good deal.

I just booked DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB-DOH for my wife and daughter ($3800 for the wife, $$3125 for the daughter) in J (I class).

UL DOH-CMB-MLE legs, QF CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY legs (EK code share CMB-SIN legs). The QF legs were $2400 adult and $1650 child - all AUD.

720 SC, 6~, 31000 points each.

We all have two weeks in the Maldives before they head back to Oz to escape the Doha summer heat for four weeks.

Now a question to which a search has not revealed an answer.

As part of the above, they have a 26 hour transit in SIN, they will head into the city and stay the night in a hotel but does anyone know if they will have to collect and recheck luggage?

Last edited by VH-RMD; May 19, 17 at 8:00 am
VH-RMD is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 5:09 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Posts: 3,746
That will be (IMHO) treated as stop over (forced?), so I think they will have to collect... If that was the only possible connection, then I would try to get STPC for that too.
vbroucek is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 5:16 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: OOL/DOH
Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Posts: 3,192
I don't think it is the only possible - more a feature of available I class.
VH-RMD is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 5:02 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Posts: 3,746
I would still try asking QF (or whoever is ticket issued on) for STPC. Asking does not cost you anything, worst case scenario they say no...
vbroucek is offline  
Old May 19, 17, 1:55 am
  #5  
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: STR/SYD/SMF
Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Posts: 14,073
[mod hat] Moving this to the Mileage Run Forum. [/mod hat]
DownUnderFlyer is offline  
Old May 19, 17, 5:59 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ARN
Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Posts: 446
Im sure you are aware already, but any segments ticketed with an EK code will not earn Status credits with QF
flylonghaul is offline  
Old May 19, 17, 6:02 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: OOL/DOH
Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Posts: 3,192
They are QF flight numbers on EK metal and do earn SC and points.
VH-RMD is offline  
Old May 19, 17, 6:11 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ARN
Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by VH-RMD View Post
They are QF flight numbers on EK metal and do earn SC and points.
Thats good.
I wasnt sure from the original post whether it was coded as EK or not.

The 0 SC on EK coded flights is a joke in my opinion BTW
flylonghaul is offline  
Old May 19, 17, 4:13 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: Avios, BA Gold
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by VH-RMD View Post
May be a good deal.

I just booked DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB-DOH for my wife and daughter ($3800 for the wife, $$3125 for the daughter) in J (I class).

UL DOH-CMB-MLE legs, QF CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY legs (EK code share CMB-SIN legs). The QF legs were $2400 adult and $1650 child - all AUD.

How did you search / book this? i'm assuming not each stop is a destination?
Ricky Lewis is offline  
Old May 20, 17, 1:05 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: OOL/DOH
Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Posts: 3,192
Originally Posted by Ricky Lewis View Post
How did you search / book this? i'm assuming not each stop is a destination?
Found it on ITA Matrix, two nested fares; one DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-DOH (UL); the other CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB (QF).

MLE is a stop; CMB is a stop for nesting; SIN is a stop for a 26 hour transit; MCY is a stop.

It worked through MEL also but when adding other finals where there was no I class it sent the fare through the roof.

I then had my trusty AMEX Platinum travel service find I class availability and book it for me.
VH-RMD is offline  
Old May 22, 17, 8:04 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SIN
Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Posts: 241
Nice find - didn't know you'd get SC on EK flights
ttep is offline  
Old May 23, 17, 6:56 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MEL
Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by ttep View Post
Nice find - didn't know you'd get SC on EK flights
Only if booked as QF codeshare. EK flight number = 0 status credits.
Tech Noir is offline  
Old May 23, 17, 7:15 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SIN
Posts: 352
Originally Posted by VH-RMD View Post
Found it on ITA Matrix, two nested fares; one DOH-CMB-MLE-CMB-DOH (UL); the other CMB-SIN-SYD-MCY-SYD-SIN-CMB (QF).

MLE is a stop; CMB is a stop for nesting; SIN is a stop for a 26 hour transit; MCY is a stop.

It worked through MEL also but when adding other finals where there was no I class it sent the fare through the roof.

I then had my trusty AMEX Platinum travel service find I class availability and book it for me.
Curious- is Amex concierge any / that good?
i have few Amex cards incl plat, never bothered with their service ...
ExSin is offline  
Old May 24, 17, 2:38 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: OOL/DOH
Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Posts: 3,192
Originally Posted by ExSin View Post
Curious- is Amex concierge any / that good?
i have few Amex cards incl plat, never bothered with their service ...
I have been using them for years, originally the Centurion team until I gave up that card and since, the Platinum team.

The UK travel team are better than the Australian and US IMO, it's a matter of timing the call to go to the right team.
VH-RMD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: