Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP : CPH/OSL to BOS/MIA/JFK $1169 (updated 28 Jun 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP : CPH/OSL to BOS/MIA/JFK $1169 (updated 28 Jun 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Ursa81
Seems the fare is gone now I feel like the kid who didn't get to the candy store before it closed ha ha oh well I am sure there will be other offers soon. So much crazy deals across the Atlantic right now.
The CPH-JFK/MIA is still there for $600.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ursa81
Seems the fare is gone now I feel like the kid who didn't get to the candy store before it closed ha ha oh well I am sure there will be other offers soon. So much crazy deals across the Atlantic right now.
OSL Gone. CPH still on.

SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 04APR17/0024 EXPIRES 09APR17/0915
Anyone knows what time zone GDS uses? Is it UTC?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nk15
I am trying to book my outbound to OSL from the US, one option gives me 1 hour and 50 min in OSL to connect from a BA flight to the TAP flight (on separate tickets obviously), what do you all think, is it too risky? I will only have a carry on. This option allows me to avoid the overnight in OSL and have a day flight from the US via LHR (with an overnight there).

The other option is redeye to LHR, 7 hours layover, and overnight in OSL. Safer but more grueling (night flight and long layover). I can also probably find a cheaper hotel in LHR than OSL (where I like the airport Park Inn but usually cant get it for less than $120)
It's risky, but if your flight is on time, this should work fine. I flew into OSL on BA last year and connected to a KL flight a few hours later. After getting off the plane, it was a quick walk (on the second level) to the international connection area, where there were 3-4 staff members and no other pax. I put my bag through security, had my Passport checked, and then proceeded down a level to the departures area/duty free shops. I only had a carry-on, which I believe is essential to using this direct connection area. My total transit time from the plane to the departures lounge was ~15 minutes.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Next time I will try the train, but if you have luggage, or the hotel is far, it will involve another transfer from the train station to your hotel.
In such situations, you pick a hotel that is closed to a train station. The airport trains stop at several in the city.

There is no point in picking an "airport hotel" that is not at the airport, for the reasons you so ably described above.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: BA
I have, twice. Once I stayed at an airport hotel (on the way to the US). The other I stayed downtown and took the bus because I would have had to take a taxi from the train station to the hotel and it seemed too much of a hassle to me at the time. The bus was dropping off and picking up next to my hotel. The bus broke down on the way to the airport, lol, and the bus driver had to get us a taxi to the airport, lol. All in all more than an hour ordeal. Next time I will try the train, but if you have luggage, or the hotel is far, it will involve another transfer from the train station to your hotel.
how is this issue only related to OSL? You would have the same problem if you stayed in London with a 15-20minute drive to Paddington station to take the Heathrow express?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
OSL to Oslo central station is very fast and easy. You can take the airport express (every 10 - 15 min) and it takes 25 min. In addition it includes the following guarantee (If the Airport Express Train arrives at Oslo Airport more than 30 minutes later than scheduled and if, as a consequence, you miss your flight, we will cover the additional cost of booking onto the next available flight.) You can also take the cheaper normal train (which runs twice per hour) and takes 5 minutes more. Just avoid busses unless it takes you directly to your hotel, and be aware about the times of the last trains to and from the airport.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Numb3rs
how is this issue only related to OSL? You would have the same problem if you stayed in London with a 15-20minute drive to Paddington station to take the Heathrow express?
It is not, LHR is another complex airport to get to.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
In such situations, you pick a hotel that is closed to a train station. The airport trains stop at several in the city.

There is no point in picking an "airport hotel" that is not at the airport, for the reasons you so ably described above.
That's a reasonable suggestion, I tend to pick the hotel based on quality and price when sightseeing, but this could be a rationale here. But it also depends on how much time you have in the city, I will arrive at 10pm for a next morning departure, so there is no point going downtown.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That's a reasonable suggestion, I tend to pick the hotel based on quality and price when sightseeing, but this could be a rationale here. But it also depends on how much time you have in the city, I will arrive at 10pm for a next morning departure, so there is no point going downtown.
I would consider saving anything up to half the price of the cheapest airport hotel room sufficient reason to take a 25-minute train ride into the city.

No matter how early your flight is the next morning, the train will get you back to the airport in time (though given TAP doesn't overnight at OSL, getting to the airport for a very early flight is not an issue in the present discussion).
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I would consider saving anything up to half the price of the cheapest airport hotel room sufficient reason to take a 25-minute train ride into the city.

No matter how early your flight is the next morning, the train will get you back to the airport in time (though given TAP doesn't overnight at OSL, getting to the airport for a very early flight is not an issue in the present discussion).
Good suggestion, but I have found a very good $87 all in airport hotel with breakfast included, no more than $100 total with shuttle transfers and my flight arrives at 10.40pm. City hotels are around that at best.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone knows how to select seats on flytap.com? I cannot find a way to select it.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Anyone knows how to select seats on flytap.com? I cannot find a way to select it.
Under bookings, -> manage reservation, -> view or change reservation..
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Under bookings, -> manage reservation, -> view or change reservation..
Yes, that's where I got lost. Nowhere can I find a way to select seat. I can view my reservation, change FFP or passport data, but cannot find a way to select seat.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, that's where I got lost. Nowhere can I find a way to select seat. I can view my reservation, change FFP or passport data, but cannot find a way to select seat.
Scroll down, click on "Additional Services", "Seat", "Add", scroll down and there is the seatmap where you can change your seat.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:01 am

I can't flind any date(s) that shows still the fare from CPH-BOS- does anyone has possible dates for me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.