Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV: ROM - CGK 1.15k eur BIZ (I)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SV: ROM - CGK 1.15k eur BIZ (I)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by GBobon
I found on internet that if layover is less than 12h you do not need a visa... maybe someone traveled recently via JED?
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets for a max.transit time of 12 hours. Only one transit stop-over in Saudi Arabia is permitted.

Basically, it's impossible to leave the airport and you just stay in the lounge. You can't even go to the other terminal. But the lounge is okay with wifi and perfectly acceptable refreshments (no pork or alcohol of course, although they do have Budweiser non-alcoholic beer). Boarding is via bus and can be a bit chaotic to say the least.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
BTW - From May there is a 787-9 service on the entire route MAD-JED-KUL.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
BTW - From May there is a 787-9 service on the entire route MAD-JED-KUL.
Less than 1,100 euros, with a perfectly respectable looking lie flat seat layout.

I can survive without the booze, but does anyone know what the overall service is like.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Agent69
Less than 1,100 euros, with a perfectly respectable looking lie flat seat layout.

I can survive without the booze, but does anyone know what the overall service is like.
lucky had posted a review - I hope that he had come across a bad crew and that service is not always that miserable ..

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...a-bad-service/
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
lucky had posted a review - I hope that he had come across a bad crew and that service is not always that miserable ..

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...a-bad-service/
That review was pretty crazy.. Actually makes me barely want to even fly this airline for free :-S.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by RoastedDuck190
That review was pretty crazy.. Actually makes me barely want to even fly this airline for free :-S.
Took SV KUL--JED--CMN last September.
Service was OK, they tried to meet your needs/requests. Good food.
I'd read Lucky's review beforehand, so their service actually beat my expectations.
The officials at JED were very, very rude, however.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Is there any news about when the long-awaited new airport in Jeddah will open?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Please be aware of last minute equipment swaps. I just return from my same-day return.
SV227 (Riyadh - Madrid with technical stop in Jeddah) was supposed to be operated by their B789.
It was till Jeddah, but despite the same flight number, I had to change planes at Jeddah.
From a B789 to B77L...

I had 6 flights with them. Food is excellent, but the service is so inconsistent. Sometimes you only get one glass of water during the meal.
Another time they even refill it. And if you are lucky, you can request other drinks like orange juice during the meal as well.

From this to...

To..

Last edited by SmartFlyerNL; Mar 11, 2017 at 11:44 am Reason: Fixing Pictures
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
@smartflyerNL
Lol, what a brutal changeover especially for the longest part!
At least you did not get any delay!

just booked a mxp-jed-cgk for 475 eur for next June, I would like to bring some gifts (Serrano cured ham and a bottle of rum) to friends. So basically can I put those items in the hold bag or will I be arrested and jailed?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
@smartflyerNL
Lol, what a brutal changeover especially for the longest part!
At least you did not get any delay!
They almost send this bird on my flight to Manila, meaning I had to spend 20 hours on it... Fortunately, I ended up in the scheduled flat bed B77W.

Flight was delayed by over an hour. I had to run at Madrid to catch my LATAM flight to Frankfurt.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Justin Case
I believe your already booked, right?
Jep, march 23-28
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:14 am
AHO

This fare has been around at least 2 years.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-business.html
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:00 am

I wanna try MAD-CGK, but does anyone know if there's a good fare from ams to - mad. KLM is way to expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.