Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR 2 for 1 Valentine fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR 2 for 1 Valentine fares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Another two Scandinavian country home pages showing the special: Switzerland and Germany...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by hot2trot
Uhhh that is what 2 for 1 means!! Yes, you have to book two seats, and this fare is pretty limited right now. Most of the flights were out of Sofia Bulgaria. I think their "promo" is really misleading. Only 4 outbound cities included. Very limited destinations, Don't get excited yet.
Historically, QR sale fares have never appeared all at once. Update of websites also takes time and isn't done at the same time. So IMO this is a bit of an overreaction given it started less than 48 hours ago.

Worth also noting that you often have to do some digging to find the best fares, they often aren't the advertised ones on the homepage.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Another two Scandinavian country home pages showing the special: Switzerland and Germany...
To quote Travel-Quinten: LOL
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:57 pm

can't found anything out of SEAsia... yet.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by blueferrari
can't found anything out of SEAsia... yet.
Fares from CRK/MNL are on http://www.qatarairways.com/ph/en/of...CID=EMPH493650

But not looking as juicy as the travel festival. At least not in the fares overview, very possible that there are other flights when you do actual search that beats them.

Also interested in good stuff out of SEAsia :-).
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:08 am

Just booked two pax ARN-DPS for £1150pp in Nov, plenty more dates and seats available.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vesseli
CPH-AKL 1650€ p.p.

And you get to enjoy the 17h DOH-AKL flight.
Thanks for this. Managed to get the flights booked. CPH-AKL-OSL - £1387 per person- not bad at all. Plus get to fly the longest route AKL-DOH on the way back. Looking forward to it
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:09 am

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for pointing out the CPH-AKL fare.

Booked in late oct for me and my friend for 1650E.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:19 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Thanks for this. Managed to get the flights booked. CPH-AKL-OSL - £1387 per person- not bad at all. Plus get to fly the longest route AKL-DOH on the way back. Looking forward to it
I settled on ARN-AKL-CPH which for £1381 (I didn't even bother working out how much it is in SEK or EUR)

I included 17 hours in DOH on the return to make use of Qatar's new free transit visa.

I figured that stopping over on the outbound is awkward because the AKL flight departs at 0300, so it would either be 1800-0300 (dark in November) or 0500-0300 (a lot of waiting around doing nothing).

But on the return, you arrive DOH at 2200 which is a good time to go to a hotel and readjust to the European timezone, then you can depart at 1500 and arrive in Scandinavia again at a good time to go to a hotel.

Let's just hope that QR doesn't cancel the double dailies to the 3 Scandinavian capitals (which according to some people is the only reason for these very cheap deals).
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: One World
Nice one ;-)

Originally Posted by dlind2
Just booked two pax ARN-DPS for £1150pp in Nov, plenty more dates and seats available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.