Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
henkybaby , thanks for pointing out these great fares. I presume these are DIF fares?

Thanks
Originally Posted by bivinco
I searched the flight with Matrix using: BA+ /f bc=T

It looks like I must improve my EF skills. Matrix show Fare basis: QJX0S4T1 which is DIF! Sorry
Anyone feel like explaining DIF? My curiosity is piqued.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by catharsis
From a thread in BA forum
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
If I understand it correctly, the main consequence of it is that you cannot book and upgrade at the same time. You need to book them first and call to upgrade. Try and do it online and the base fare will be (much) higher.

Make sure there is availability for the class you want to upgrade to. With BA upgrades are not available as matter of factly as with some US airlines.

Everything else (like earnings) are the same. I am happy to be corrected.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:15 am

Its purpose is to charge a specific $ premium for WTP over economy, avoiding the situation where cheap economy buckets sell out leaving premium economy as a cheaper option.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:21 am

For QLX4G4T1 matrix says TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 09JAN 17.

But there's also fare basis NLX6G4T1 and I can't find any information about
last date to book for that one?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Can anyone find any Caribbean destinations this works to? I'm struggling but would have liked to have used this to PLS...
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by barnstaple
Can anyone find any Caribbean destinations this works to? I'm struggling but would have liked to have used this to PLS...
Best I can find is SJU for €750 but with the last sector (JFK-SJU) in Y.

Better do MIA for €570 and add the MIA PLS yourself.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:29 am

In principle it's a great thing for customers that competition increased a lot In Premium Eco. Before rarely BA Fares found below 1000€. Now easy to find fares below 700€. In that respect BA added a new fare basis which is not upgradedable anymore via travel agency. This is a sweet spot for GUFs owner so far. But still those DIF fare can still be upgraded with Avios if redemption seat in higher class is available. The sweet spot with TA is that Award space don't need to be available AND you get Avios and TP of higher class. Upgradedable WT+ fares still available and still in the same ball park as before. The Ex Switzerland to Singapore was upgradeable and cheap

Last edited by bivinco; Jan 8, 2017 at 4:35 am
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter

Also Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Bahrain, Doha

Different rules though
BUT KINDER RULES.

They allow me to end my return at a UK destination. Without the angst of skipping a final leg
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Thanks henkybaby!

I was able to book from FRA-NYC in the middle of summer for a slightly higher amount, but still about the same as I would normally pay for basic economy at that time of year.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Anyone have any idea how these would code for AA (thinking about EQDs)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jabrams72
Anyone have any idea how these would code for AA (thinking about EQDs)
I'd love to find out too if this QLX4G4T1 fare code would affect EQD earning (5% for Q fare) if credited to AA. Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:59 pm

In case anyone is interested, I just booked an open-jaw OSL-LHR-SFO then LAX-LHR-OSL in Feb for 5339 NOK (approx £508) and upgraded the SFO and LAX legs from PE to Club...extra taxes were £8.50 outbound and nil tax inbound...30k avios upgrade out (off-peak) and 25k inbound (peak).

I'm expecting this trip to generate at least 35k Avios with the 3 x base miles promo bonus so not a bad return for 2 x Club flights of 10+ hours for £520 and an overall spend of approx 30k avios (positioning using Reward Flight Saver for 6,500 avios + £17.50).

-Mikee-
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by henkybaby
WTP is not the same as Economy Plus on US airlines. It is not just a few more inches. Especially if you can have an A380 or B787 route. For a couple the window seats are pretty good. Are there better PE products out there? Yes. As said the main attraction is the ability to Upgrade using Avios or the Airport / Proactive Upgrade Offers. They are of course not guaranteed. It is however a much better product than economy.

I like it on a day flight. Night flight I would prefer an upgrade.
This looks like a good fare but I can't fly in WT+, PE, E+ - whatever they call it - from West Coast to Europe.

Is there any way to check inventory for Avios upgrades prior to booking (i.e. fare class?) I simply won't buy a non-refundable ticket and roll the dice, as is often the case for those trying to use SWUs to upgrade international tix on UA. Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
Book a ticket

Book a ticket and see if the upgrade availability is there. If not cancel within 24 hours.
Or have an expert flyer membership and search for the related fare bucket.

IME the WT+ cabin on a/c like the A380 / 787s are better value than club world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.