Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Emirates First Class Malta-DXB-USA First Class one way for under $3K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First Class Malta-DXB-USA First Class one way for under $3K

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend on that AM mistake fare from last year and after my first EK F redemption, I'm irrationally looking at this for my way home because it'd be awesome to do again. Would earn like 35k AS miles. Ugh
Somebody keep my Platinum card away from me. 35k AS miles and 15k MR points, as gravy to ~18 hrs in EK first class for $3k from a city near where I'll already be? So tempting.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Somebody keep my Platinum card away from me. 35k AS miles and 15k MR points, as gravy to ~18 hrs in EK first class for $3k from a city near where I'll already be? So tempting.
Tell me. I lobbied hard to change Thursday's MLA-LHR-SAN to EK but Mrs. SFO777 veto'd it. She was initially interested but in the end decided she just wants to get home and didn't want to overnight in DXB. OK, just don't complain after 3+ hours in Air Malta Euro-fraud Business Class and/or when BA First (aka J+) goes south.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
Tell me. I lobbied hard to change Thursday's MLA-LHR-SAN to EK but Mrs. SFO777 veto'd it. She was initially interested but in the end decided she just wants to get home and didn't want to overnight in DXB. OK, just don't complain after 3+ hours in Air Malta Euro-fraud Business Class and/or when BA First (aka J+) goes south.
Just book it and don't tell her until you get to the airport!

As for the euro biz BS, I have a KLM flight from AMS-BUD. I paid $145 r/t in Y and it's offering me to bid for upgrade starting from 119 EUR each way. They serious?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Hmmm. I'd like to do this, but then I keep thinking this is too expensive. Problems, decisions, yikes. Thanks SFO777 in any case.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:36 pm

Thanks Calchas! Still tempting....
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777
Schedule change occurred so you rebooked on EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.