Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

last minute IAD-BRU SK new biz $5400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

So I needed a last minute TATL ticket and everything was showing up close to $10,000. Then I saw that I could take SK to BRU for half the cost, all in Z. And It's the A333 with the new seats over and back. ^
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Via CPH you mean? 5k USD for SK Z.. enjoy the fish :P
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SwiftFoX
Via CPH you mean? 5k USD for SK Z.. enjoy the fish :P
Yes of course by CPH. And at a few days in advance with the plane nearly sold out, I find that an incredible deal. UA non-stop is over $10K. BA is over $12K. SN is sold out.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I find USD 5,400 for TATL flight on SK in C to incredible expensive...
Old Sep 18, 2016, 2:48 pm

FWIW -

Last minute this week...
IAD to CDG or CPH or IST - ~ $3400 RT
IAD to MAD or MXP or ROM or LIS - ~$4000 RT

No judgement on OP's post, just lots of ways to get to Europe from IAD this week for $4k or under.

And JFK/IAD to OTP (Bucharest) ~ $2k. (Thread started here)

Last edited by Global321; Sep 18, 2016 at 3:18 pm Reason: updated with OTP
Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global321
FWIW -

Last minute this week...
IAD to CDG or CPH or IST - ~ $3400 RT
Leaving Friday, Sat or Sun? On one of the 3 alliances? No, I don't think so. $5400 is by far the cheapest.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA
Plenty of business saver availability with miles, leaving Sunday. 57.5-70K United miles each way. You can also purchase them (at United's terrible rates, and get a 30% bonus). All in, you'd probably spend ~$3500 round-trip and get LH. I am not sure what the point of your post is, other than to show you can blow $5500 without further thought. A highly-inflated, last minute ticket is far from a mileage run -- and is a "deal" to no one, given that the regular price (ex: Dec 14-21) is $2900 on *A. Even if there was some kind of public service intent, the number of people needing a last minute $$$$ business class deal to Europe is probably infinitesimal.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Leaving Friday, Sat or Sun? On one of the 3 alliances? No, I don't think so. $5400 is by far the cheapest.
Well the cheapest was to just buy an Eco ticket via flysas.com and use Plus Grade with instant confirmed upgrade on your SK legs, roughly 1.3k euro each way.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Plenty of business saver availability with miles, leaving Sunday. 57.5-70K United miles each way. You can also purchase them (at United's terrible rates, and get a 30% bonus). All in, you'd probably spend ~$3500 round-trip and get LH. I am not sure what the point of your post is, other than to show you can blow $5500 without further thought. A highly-inflated, last minute ticket is far from a mileage run -- and is a "deal" to no one, given that the regular price (ex: Dec 14-21) is $2900 on *A. Even if there was some kind of public service intent, the number of people needing a last minute $$$$ business class deal to Europe is probably infinitesimal.
Wow, that's probably the most clueless post I've seen here in a long time. Flyertalk is not primarily about mileage runners. Not by a long shot. We are mostly business travelers. Millions of tickets are sold within 6 days of travel to business people. Not everyone has a life of leisure. And for those of us who have business to attend to, saving ~$6000 on a ticket is a very valuable tip.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SwiftFoX
Well the cheapest was to just buy an Eco ticket via flysas.com and use Plus Grade with instant confirmed upgrade on your SK legs, roughly 1.3k euro each way.
Like I said, the flight is almost sold out. How do you think that would go with only two seats left and me having no Eurobonus acct?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:33 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Yup IST is yours 3.5k on AC... BUD on Brussels (!) 3.1k. Both dep Friday - ret as soon as Sunday.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA
Wow, that's probably the most clueless post I've seen here in a long time. Flyertalk is not primarily about mileage runners. Not by a long shot. We are mostly business travelers. Millions of tickets are sold within 6 days of travel to business people. Not everyone has a life of leisure. And for those of us who have business to attend to, saving ~$6000 on a ticket is a very valuable tip.
While it's true that FT is not primarily about mileage runners, your post is specifically located under "Mileage Run Deals".

From the sub-forum rules: "A deal could be a significant discount over normal prices on a particular route, or it could offer very good earning potential for RDMs or EQMs." Doesn't seem to qualify or have relevance, especially since this exorbitant fare is easily apparent on Google Flights. Perhaps I'm mistaken and someone will laud you for pointing out this great deal.

To keep things relevant, my suggestion, i.e. buying miles, saved you even $2000 more, a very valuable tip for highly important, cost-conscious businessmen.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hsk
Yup IST is yours 3.5k on AC... BUD on Brussels (!) 3.1k. Both dep Friday - ret as soon as Sunday.
Not sure what you mean by IST or BUD? I'm flying IAD to BRU. AC has that at over $8000 and TK is over $5000.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:05 pm

Who said Fri/Sat/Sun? Who said big 3?

OP said "last minute TATL ticket". Not next weekend. (Not not next weekend.) Not only big 3. (Not not big 3.) Just last minute.

I think you read a lot into the original post that is simply not there.

I plugged in this Wed, aka about 72 hours from now (last minute). Found lots of lower business class fares, many on 2 of the big 3 alliances. I made no other statement or limitation. I made no declaration on OP's fare, good or bad.

I simply provided additional information that others might find useful.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: CO
Your post is certainly more clueless than his. This isn't anywhere close to the mileage run ballpark and that's the forum in which you're posting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.