Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AS: SEA-LAX-SJO ~$946 r/t < 7 CPM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve

Good for 200% Delta MQM ^

Many dates and options. For example: http://goo.gl/flights/XbH2
Old May 8, 2016, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
UA is $760, and DL is $847. AS is not the low fare in this market. And DL is arguably a better product.
Old May 8, 2016, 12:07 am
Original Poster

This books into P on AS which is good for 200% MQM. The cheaper DL flights are only good for 150%, so you end up with a better CPM with this deal.

UA fares are useless if you're chasing MQM
Old May 8, 2016, 9:42 am

May be decent for eqms, but the times/connections are awful.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by channa
UA is $760, and DL is $847. AS is not the low fare in this market. And DL is arguably a better product.
Even for crediting to AS, the DL fare might be better if it can be routed via ATL, since the domestic would likely book into A and the INTL into Z.

Via LAX, the AS fare is probably better for AS crediting (I am assuming this is a P fare), but the times really suck with 5am out of SEA and 2:15am back into SEA for the shortest connections in LAX.
Old May 8, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Even for crediting to AS, the DL fare might be better if it can be routed via ATL, since the domestic would likely book into A and the INTL into Z.

Via LAX, the AS fare is probably better for AS crediting (I am assuming this is a P fare), but the times really suck with 5am out of SEA and 2:15am back into SEA for the shortest connections in LAX.
That wouldn't matter though; only F and J have a 100% bonus on Delta.
Old May 8, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PirateJeff
That wouldn't matter though; only F and J have a 100% bonus on Delta.
only F and J have a 100% bonus, but DL fares in A/P/Z/I/G etc have plenty of bonuses of their own when it comes to earning on AS MP...and the combined earning of those fares *might* be better than an AS P fare via LAX, given the lower base fares. i have not done the math to confirm or refute this possibility, I am just putting it out there for people to think about and investigate if they are considering an MR/VR to SJO.
Old May 8, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
only F and J have a 100% bonus, but DL fares in A/P/Z/I/G etc have plenty of bonuses of their own when it comes to earning on AS MP...and the combined earning of those fares *might* be better than an AS P fare via LAX, given the lower base fares. i have not done the math to confirm or refute this possibility, I am just putting it out there for people to think about and investigate if they are considering an MR/VR to SJO.
Also, I'm chasing Delta MQM, so certainly there are different options depending on what it is you're after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.