Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH: India-JFK/BOS/ORD, from $1369 o/w

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH: India-JFK/BOS/ORD, from $1369 o/w

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by bananahead
Great find!

I can only find routings (FEB '16) that are showing on the 767 KUL-NRT, the 772 KUL-JFK and the 787-8 to BOS. I know the 767 only has recliners and I thinkthe 772/787-8 is angle flat? Can't find KUL-NRT on 787 or NRT-JFK on 773 (which is amazing - I flew on it to SYD). Or has expedia.co.uk loaded the wrong ac types?
KUL-NRT on 787 switch isn't until later this year (Sept. I think).

NRT-BOS switching to Sky Suite (flat, positively reviewed) in June this year.

I'm re-reading your post and it looks like you meant FEB 2017.

I'm currently booked on the KUL-NRT flight this December, and my flight info is listing the 787. Maybe Expedia has the wrong AC type.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:25 am

BTW, this fare offers a 25% discount for children.

EDIT...stephem has already noted the child discount above.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Not bad, true. But still several hundred more than QR ex-CMB in J (via the current sale); and IMO QR has, by far, the best J in OW.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Not bad, true. But still several hundred more than QR ex-CMB in J (via the current sale); and IMO QR has, by far, the best J in OW.
Yeah, but you get more tier points and EQM, and there's actual stuff to do in the layovers at KUL/NRT
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enhancements
Yeah, but you get more tier points and EQM, and there's actual stuff to do in the layovers at KUL/NRT
True. I'm looking forward to a fascinating 4½ hours at CMB next week, starting on Monday night at 10:55 p.m. As far as mileage goes, there is a 10K bonus each way for QR Privilege Club on my DOH-BOS and return legs. BOS service is relatively new for QR (and it's with a 350, too!!).
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I assume the QR fares are restricted I class though, this MH fare has some non monetary aspects to it that can make it more valuable.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Similar to the price I got for AY on DEL-HEL-JFK about a month ago.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:29 am

IMHO the new JAL product is by far the best out there. The catering I enjoyed is truly sensational also (especially if one enjoys japanese cuisine).

I think this fare reflects such superb value quite simply because discounted J class flights on JL are extremely rare to find. Unlike QR/MH.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:01 am

IMHO the new JAL product is by far the best out there. The catering I enjoyed is truly sensational also (especially if one enjoys japanese cuisine).

I think this fare reflects such superb value quite simply because discounted J class flights on JL are extremely rare to find. Unlike QR/MH.
I think we are finding across several recent threads here is that key to finding ways to fly the new JL J product on a discounted basis is to find "not so new" (and non-JL) fares that allow flying on JL codeshares ;-)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info. I'll try to find a competitive fare on JL metal which allows me to try this. They start flying the new J to BOS in June, I'm told.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold

ehh *coughtpesgnord*
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I think we are finding across several recent threads here is that key to finding ways to fly the new JL J product on a discounted basis is to find "not so new" (and non-JL) fares that allow flying on JL codeshares ;-)
There are also a few "new" ex-Canada prices that are pretty attractive. ex-YYZ and ex-YUL to NRT for USD $2500 in J. ex-YVR too, but that's on the sub-par J product.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Pls stop killing fares one by one till this website and forum becomes meaningless.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:04 am

This fare has been around for a long time but it's utility is limited unless you want to do stopovers. 45 hours of travel and 3 overnight flights are torture.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:44 pm

We don't need a re-airing of those arguments again.

Originally Posted by ashkale
Pls stop killing fares one by one till this website and forum becomes meaningless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.