Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Sq sfo-sin usd 1857; Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG

Not sure if it is that good of a deal, but I felt that it was worth sharing. FWIW ex-LAX it is 1884.
http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sp...ngapore_60724/
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:50 am

Fares are for Premium Economy

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
Not sure if it is that good of a deal, but I felt that it was worth sharing. FWIW ex-LAX it is 1884.
http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sp...ngapore_60724/

Good to add in thread title - these are PE fares.

And on the same page, noted good Y fares in range of 800-900. Quite decent for SQ, looks like they are waking up to ME3 competition.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
A broader question for mods and posters alike: do you think premium economy fares should count as "premium" for purposes of the overall (sub)forum? Personally, I'm inclined to say no: while SQ has a great PE (PY?) cabin, it's nevertheless not even remotely close to even a subpar J cabin, let alone the state-of-the-art ones found on many transpacific carriers these days. If anything, its closest equivalent is domestic US first class, which might be fine for flights under five hours but another story entirely on a trek as distant as SFO-SIN (which I assume still requires a stopover in HKG as well).

Thoughts?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:08 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Before Off Topic discussion starts, Premium Economy fares do belong in this forum. If you have any doubt whether or not to post fares here, please review the Rules which are in a Sticky at the top of this forum or contact a Moderator. Do not open the question for discussion.
This forum is for premium cabin travel only.

Fares in cabins or classes of service that are separate from and above normal Economy cabin travel shall be posted in this forum. This includes the cabins normally referred to as either:

First
Business or
Premium Economy

"Economy Plus" where some rows of the economy cabin have more legroom and possibly more recline - but are otherwise identical to other seating in Economy - is not considered Premium Cabin Travel.
Private Jet Flights: Since this is still the Mileage Run forum, all deals should be mileage-earning. Non-mileage earning fares do not belong in the Mileage Run forum.
Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
More importantly, how many KF miles are needed to upgrade into J from this fare type? That would make a true premium deal.

Edited to add:

Important information for upgrade awards

Redemption of upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy and from Premium Economy to Business Class are currently not available.

Last edited by bocastephen; Feb 29, 2016 at 9:41 am
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:45 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kirker
A broader question for mods and posters alike: do you think premium economy fares should count as "premium" for purposes of the overall (sub)forum?
There were several discussions in years past, and the almost never posted to Premium Economy thread went away.

NOT starting a discussion, merely stating history.

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Before Off Topic discussion starts, Premium Economy fares do belong in this forum.
^
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Please make sure you add class of service to the thread title.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:04 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Please make sure you add class of service to the thread title.
Pretty sure only a Moderator can do that.

You can use RBP to alert them.

Edit: Looks like title has been updated ^

Last edited by EmailKid; Feb 29, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.