Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance Belfast-USA Business RTN from 707 GBP/1047 USD summer 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Similar to the fares from Dublin already posted on this forum, business returns from Belfast start from 706 GBP Boston, 707 NYC, 882 LAS, 934 GBP HNL, and many others... 757s on transatlantic but lie flat...

Multiple options available over Easter season, July and August wide open too.

Have been watching this phenomenon for several months now and it's seems like the Irish are getting all the breaks! Similiar fares from UK/Europe are at least twice as much... and Dublin BC fares to US have been just unreal, not sure if that's just a system error or a low demand related issue?

Not sure how it would work out re miles on Star Alliance or One World, but with Sky Team (slighlty more expensive out of DUB) one correctly routed multi-city trip to HNL in January will take me to Silver instantly, not to mention all the extra award miles related to the current level.

An example of UA flight:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...GB&MobileOff=1
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Great maiden post!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SCSA
Great maiden post!
Thanks.

Link doesn't seem to be working now but fares can be found on Google Flights or directly on the United website.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:55 pm

Thanks for posting this deal!

Originally Posted by skyhighlander
Similiar fares from UK/Europe are at least twice as much... and Dublin BC fares to US have been just unreal, not sure if that's just a system error or a low demand related issue?
Not to be smart, but Belfast is actually in the UK
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Thanks for posting this deal!

Not to be smart, but Belfast is actually in the UK
True that! What I meant was mainland UK of course
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by skyhighlander
True that! What I meant was mainland UK of course
None of the UK is on any mainland ;-).

You mean the island of Great Britain.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat

Great fares indeed, and often UA matches Dublin fares from BFS, given they're so close. Seems to match the date ranges for the Dublin fares, which are March 19-April 18 and after July 1.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1120A
None of the UK is on any mainland ;-).

You mean the island of Great Britain.
Well, we are a bit off topic here , but the term "UK mainland" is in wide use, and it does relate to the island of Great Britain. Interestingly, for delivery purposes Royal Mail (or Amazon for that matter) excludes parts of Scotland from it.

Also, to say that "None of the UK is on any mainland" is just a faux pax in these parts of the world May I just recall the iconic London Times headline - "Heavy Fog In Channel. Continent Cut Off"
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:33 pm

should make OWENC happy
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Price to HNL seems to have gone up to GBP 1205
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
ex-Belfast tickets are exempt from UK Air Passenger Duty so this can help keep the cost down even where base fares are similar.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:02 pm

hi there,
I have been looking at the ex-DUB fares to SFO on LX, a few days ago, there was availability everyday from July to August on the LX site, and now suddenly only a few days on ITA Matrix and when I try to replicate the fares on the LX site, I can't even get it at all. LX site now showing EUR 1800 one way, instead of the EUR 600~ one way it should be under this promo. Are they playing with the inventory/will they release more as time goes by until the deadline 2 Feb 2016? Or is it pretty much gone now?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:46 pm

Thanks for posting! I was able to make use of this (DUB-FRA-EWR in late March and EWR-ZRH-DUB in mid June for 18k PQM).
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA97
ex-Belfast tickets are exempt from UK Air Passenger Duty so this can help keep the cost down even where base fares are similar.
Of course the airline knows this and files different base fares accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.