Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A/AF/KL/DL: YYZ/YUL/YVR-JNB/CPT US$2150 rt in business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A/AF/KL/DL: YYZ/YUL/YVR-JNB/CPT US$2150 rt in business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
True dat, but there are a few ST only destinations here, like RUN and MRU where you can at most get one *A segment...

Originally Posted by cfischer
plenty of avail. on *A. This fare is nothing special, it is around most of the year, in fact it was cheaper a couple of months ago.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
*A Fares

I was able to find a booking for my dates to CPT for the same price as my AirFrance flight (which I have since cancelled). Bookings on both AC (with BA to CPT) and Lufthansa/SAA. Various websites have different options and combos. I ultimately booked mine on Orbitz.

I opted for LH to maximize PQM, but despite a United Flight at the start, it's still ticketing on 220 stock, instead of 016 (so sadly no UA PQD).
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
I was able to find a booking for my dates to CPT for the same price as my AirFrance flight (which I have since cancelled). Bookings on both AC (with BA to CPT) and Lufthansa/SAA. Various websites have different options and combos. I ultimately booked mine on Orbitz.

I opted for LH to maximize PQM, but despite a United Flight at the start, it's still ticketing on 220 stock, instead of 016 (so sadly no UA PQD).
If you don't mind me asking what is the exact routing, and dates if possible.

I am trying to build an itinerary leaving YEG to JNB and return CPT, (or vice versa) at the end of march next year I am getting about 3000-3100 CAD, and the only way I see a roundtrip to CPT for that price is on KLM, I am with UA and want most segments on *A Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stephem
True dat, but there are a few ST only destinations here, like RUN and MRU where you can at most get one *A segment...
YYZ-ZRH-JNB-ZRH-JNB-YYZ is $2120 w/ 200% miles and 150% PQM when credited to UA. Not bad at all. You can get some creative routings w/ more AC metal for 300% earnings on UA MP as a 1K.

Last edited by cfischer; Aug 23, 2015 at 8:57 am
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by whitethunder

I am trying to build an itinerary leaving YEG to JNB and return CPT, (or vice versa) at the end of march next year I am getting about 3000-3100 CAD, and the only way I see a roundtrip to CPT for that price is on KLM, I am with UA and want most segments on *A Thanks
I am traveling the week of US Thanksgiving, so departing YVR on Sunday, 22 Nov and returning the following Sunday. Routing is YVR-SFO-MUC-CPT-JNB-FRA-YVR.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by whitethunder

You are best off buying a seat to JNB (which has way more *A flights) and then buying a separate JNB-CPT ticket. You can get them on SA (if you need a few points) for around $350 in Y or $700 in J. There are plenty of cheaper flights on kulula, mango etc. but obviously no points there.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
consumer beware... A lot of these flights on AF and KLM to South Africa do not have the new flatbed seat.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Well I got in on this deal, only Star Alliance flights I could get on my dates were: YEG(AC)-YYC(AC)-FRA(LH)-JNB, return: JNB(LX)-ZRH(LX)-YUL(AC)-YEG

Should be an awesome time, Only thing that would have made it better is I just wish "P" class credited more than 100% RDM to UA

(And another note LH P also only does 100% PQM, at least LX does 150%!!)

Still great deal for me, 4500USD all in for 2

Thanks OP
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:41 pm

Thanks to the OP for this info. My wife and I are flying from Windsor, Ontario (just across the river from Detroit) to Johannesburg next May. Coach from Windsor to Toronto, but then Business Class from Toronto to Munich and Business Class from Munich to Joburg. On the way back we go Joburg to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Toronto in Business Class, and Toronto to Windsor in coach. $2,300 (USD) each including tax. Itinerary is on Lufthansa. We are HAPPY.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Aeroplan
Smile Lie Flat Beds

The KL angled flat vs. lie flat beds dependson on when you are traveling. My routing departing late April and returning early May (YVR-AMS-CPT-AMS-YVR) is all on KL 777-200 with the new lie-flat bed configuration. It appears KL is either switching metal or will have upgraded the planes by that time.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:17 pm

It's back.
$3000CDN or less.
Major Canadian cities to JNB/NBO
Skyteam.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tracon
It's back.
$3000CDN or less.
Skyteam.
Category 2: Day/Time restrictions
PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 28 DAYS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.

Category 6: Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO
EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions
2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
1 IN PAR/AMS IN EACH DIRECTION.

Category 14: Travel restrictions
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 31AUG 16.

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 01MAY 16.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
It's back.
$3000CDN or less.
Skyteam.

I've got
ex-YYZ - JNB $2,804 CAD
ex-YYZ - CPT $2,832 CAD

AF, KL and/or DL
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
It's back.
$3000CDN or less.
Skyteam.
it's been back for a while ... also *A as usual. Also India as usual.

These come and go so often ... when I need one I just check every few weeks and after no more than 2 months I always find one.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
it's been back for a while ... also *A as usual. Also India as usual.

These come and go so often ... when I need one I just check every few weeks and after no more than 2 months I always find one.

IGNORE:
oops nvm didn't see the travel commencement date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.