Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: PAP-SVX (Russia) $830ow $1500rt [Z fare]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: PAP-SVX (Russia) $830ow $1500rt [Z fare]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:48 am

I booked mine yesterday. Just wanted to inform you that connections via MIA are afaik impossible to find for the timeframe (roughly) between +- July 20 and August 30. It could be that one would still be able to find a single day, but I checked many dates around July 20 and could not find any.

FYI, in case it could be useful for somebody: I booked the SXM routing, which is only available 3 days a week. So make sure to double check your dates and positioning flights, especially when you are already in the Caribbean, and are not planning to position by swimming or to actually spend some time on Haiti (most countries maintain a warning against travel to Haiti, the list of potential risks was not pretty).

UA has filed a pretty decent P fare to NAS and PLS for Summer, from many CA airports. Eg. SAN-EWR-PLS for $368 (1 way). In case of positioning from the Caribbean: check Inter Caribbean/Turks & Caicos airways, MAS aerolinas and Insel Air. These are merely the only airlines flying to PAP and they don't fly on a daily basis! A good connection (for PAP-SXM) ex PLS could be on Wednesdays. Fare is about $200.

And make sure to bring your own entertainment because IFE on AF is just crapp and VERY limited in choice (perhaps they have improved on the A380?). Or have an entire bottle of champagne instead and take a noisy napp .
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
AF seems to have whittled the "Tamerlane route" down quite a bit over the last 2 years. RTs are all gone and ULN (the only destination that permitted routing via PEK) is gone entirely as of Feb. All that remains are the PAP-SVX as the base fare to which the add ons were allowed and a few of the add on cities like Bishkek.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.