Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) DL, KLM, AF; SNA-BCN $2734 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;

Sample dates: Depart Aug 9th, return August 30
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Thank you. So far there haven't been a lot of great deals for eastbound TATL period for sale since the first of the year. It has been a while since the crazy low fares ex-West Coast to Europe that hit last fall. All the recent activity has been in the reverse direction; there have been some great fares for TATL travel originating in Europe.

I picked up MIA-FCO-AMS-BCN-FCO-MIA late last week for $2490 for travel later in the year. That was the cheapest TATL travel that I could find.

Looks like those fares were pulled and replaced with $2700 fares, right about the same amount that you are reporting.

Last edited by 18sas; Feb 24, 2015 at 1:15 pm
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Nice find. I'm also looking for good TATLs from the US East Coast for fall, ideally to BCN/PMI/MAD. Not much originating USA so far.

There have been some okay fares in the mid-2k's from MIA and EWR in particular.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:14 am

Great find, but I wasn't able to replicate. Used google flights and it's coming up at ~$3700
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Great find, but I wasn't able to replicate. Used google flights and it's coming up at ~$3700
I originally found it on Matrix then went into the airline site to verify. Just duplicated my search and it appears to be gone as the fares are in the $3500 range...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:17 am

SFO-BCN/MAD-SFO ~$2750 ai DL/KL/AF (Biz Z class)

Skyteam seem to be playing around with fares to Europe some more. Not the sort of crazy bargains like we had last year, but not bad for West Coast.

For this particular fare, I'm seeing dates close in (March and April, e.g., 4/1-4/9) and again from Thanksgiving through the December holidays and beyond. Also valid to Bilbao and Malaga, it looks like.

I checked a few other West coast airports, and it looks like there are similar fares from PDX, SEA, SJC, etc.

Out of SFO and LAX, it's possible to route on the nice KL 747 biz class.

Seems to only work on delta.com; haven't gone all the way through to booking yet, however.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mannyJ
Skyteam seem to be playing around with fares to Europe some more. Not the sort of crazy bargains like we had last year, but
not bad for West Coast.
Patience is a virtue.
Summer sale fares came out late March, early April last year. No need to jump on mediocre fares right now.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, FB PM, Gamer/Trickster.
it's still widely available in August for $2734 ex-DEN
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flargley
it's still widely available in August for $2734 ex-DEN
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
No need to jump on mediocre fares right now.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:09 pm

Patience is a virtue.
Summer sale fares came out late March, early April last year. No need to jump on mediocre fares right now.
Well, I hope that proves correct. Last year, however, there was a sale weekend on P/Z fares in early February also, and that wasn't replicated this year.

For summer TATL trips we usually fly *A (preferably LX or LH) ex BOS, and have managed most years either to get ~$2,700 fares or to use UA miles. But this year, headed to and from France (Aug/Sep) where the *A connections are much less convenient, I'm reconciled to flying Skyteam. I've been monitoring since December but never see much below ~$3,800 fares.

One exception: for the last two or three weeks AC has been showing ~$3,200 fares through YUL or YYZ, and I'm undecided whether to opt for those or wait in the hope that the more convenient DL/AF/KL routings via AMS or CDG will go on sale at the ~$2,700 level soon. For the dates we're looking at, all of the best flights still look wide open in C (much more so than I'm used to seeing in LX or LH at around this time).

Any insights/prognostications from Skyteam FFs, particularly with respect to BOS fares?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thorgils
Well, I hope that proves correct. Last year, however, there was a sale weekend on P/Z fares in early February also, and that wasn't replicated this year.
I *think* I saw some Easter sales to Europe earlier this year. Have to dig around...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:19 pm

I *think* I saw some Easter sales to Europe earlier this year. Have to dig around...
I purchased the LAX-MAD $1450 Z -fare for July '15 travel on Halloween last year. I've been keeping an eye out for another sale, but haven't seen it since then...hope it will come back in the $1400-1700 range.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by imm2b
I purchased the LAX-MAD $1450 Z -fare for July '15 travel on Halloween last year. I've been keeping an eye out for another sale, but haven't seen it since then...hope it will come back in the $1400-1700 range.
Yes, you're right. The sales were late last year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...pt-2015-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...i-z-class.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-t-1702-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...15-summer.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...f-las-bcn.html
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:27 pm

Yes, I *think* you're right about there having been some 2015 sales for the spring period only, but on 02/07/2014 I was able to book an August RT for ~$2,650 . . . that didn't happen this year.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thorgils
Yes, I *think* you're right about there having been some 2015 sales for the spring period only, but on 02/07/2014 I was able to book an August RT for ~$2,650 . . . that didn't happen this year.
Sale dates are never set in stone. Last year it might have been 2/7, this year it might be 2/25, 3/3, 4/4 or whenever

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.