Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Prem Econ) DL/VA SFO-LHR rtn. $1,695 Ai. Dec 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby

Hopefully this is a good deal as I just booked it to be with my family for parents 80th birthday.

Booked on Delta site but flying in Virgin Atlantic,
Had to select advanced options and pick fare class W or higher to get it to show up but also bookable on Orbitz too ( didn't try any other sites)

Decided to pull the trigger as it seemed like a good deal and didn't want to spend the rest of the year checking for fares being as I knew when I needed to be there.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On delta.dumb, partner Premium Economy fares (AF and VS in particular) tend to show up when you do advanced search by fare class M or higher.

In terms of whether it's a good fare, you seem happy so that's really the answer. I assume you compared it to the cheapest coach fare purchased now for your approximate dates.

In previous years, DL has had Thanksgiving and Christmas TATL sale fares in business class (BE, fare class Z). I don't think this route was as low as $1700 last year, where the best deals tended to be MAD and BCN.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
If you are not married to DL, BA with the AARP discount prices at $1,539 on some days that month for premium economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.