Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Booked aboard the A321T (JFK-LAX) in FC for 492.

Used a 10% discount for bringing it to $443. @12EQP this is worthing taking a day off and flying in this luxury aircraft. Just hoping weather gods don't burst the bubble!

Couple of days still open in April and May.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carsnoceans

Used a 10% discount for bringing it to $443. @12EQP this is worthing taking a day off and flying in this luxury aircraft. Just hoping weather gods don't burst the bubble!

$492? In F!? Holy smokes.

I don't see any days at this price...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by as219

you need to transit through LAX to other destinations
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:09 am

Is there a 10% discount code on flights from AA?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jona970318
you need to transit through LAX to other destinations
Umm… incorrect.

Originally Posted by as219

Try 6am ONLY. There were 2 days open last nite.

Originally Posted by op487062
Is there a 10% discount code on flights from AA?
It was a targeted promo code.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:28 am

Umm… incorrect. Try 6am ONLY. There were 2 days open last nite.
The advice to use LAX as a transit is sound to find more availability and even to save about $10.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by lkar
The advice to use LAX as a transit is sound to find more availability and even to save about $10.
When I tried LAX as transit, it would take me off the A321. Maybe I wasn't using the right destination.

For those interested, 04/03 is open on this fare.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I tried LAX as transit, it would take me off the A321. Maybe I wasn't using the right destination.

For those interested, 04/03 is open on this fare.
If you search on ITA matrix you can specify the flight number in the routing code box.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
Bought QR CAS (Casablanca) - JFK OW for 1200ish all in. Priced at around 11,000 MAD on the website. Books into D not I, which seems to be available everyday. CAS-DOH schedule varies. On some days you'd have to overnight in DOH. 300 BAEC TPs OW. Must be on QR/AT flights. Cannot route via LHR on AA/BA. Stopover in theory permitted in DOH but I cannot price it out correctly. RT available in the upper 1700 USD range. Must originate in Morocco - the reverse is 7000USD+. Does not appear to be a mistake fare.

Similar fares available departing ALG/TUN/CAI
re "Stopover in theory permitted in DOH but I cannot price it out correctly", has anyone been able to book a CMN - JFK RT with a multi-day DOH stopover? I'd be happy to use an OTA (or a strongly recommended TA), but am obviously reluctant to call QR directly. TIA!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
If you search on ITA matrix you can specify the flight number in the routing code box.
Darn it!!! I did not know that.

Always something to learn but I am happy w/ my flight. Get into LAX, 3hr layover and then homebound.

Only question is do I hangout in Admirals Club or benches by Hertz car rental... its a depressing thought being in LA and not stepping out into nice weather.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by muntz73
As The Points Guy stated on his blog select 6AM departures in April and May on AA A321T FIRST class from JFK-LAX for $492. I just snagged one on May 13th. Only on the 6AM flights. Great cheap way to experience the transcon First product. It is ~1700 cheaper than business!
Snagged for 4/21. Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
re "Stopover in theory permitted in DOH but I cannot price it out correctly", has anyone been able to book a CMN - JFK RT with a multi-day DOH stopover? I'd be happy to use an OTA (or a strongly recommended TA), but am obviously reluctant to call QR directly. TIA!
Actually these promo fares prohibit stopovers.
Terms and conditions
•Sales period: 3rd - 6th March 2014
•Travel period: 7th March 2014 - 20th June 2014. All travel must be completed by 20th June 2014.
•Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights originating from:
- Eastern Europe: Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Turkey
Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda
•The offer is not valid on:
- All flights to Jeddah, Manila and Medina as a final destination.
- All codeshare flights and services not operated by Qatar Airways.
•Minimum stay: 3 days, with the exception of all itineraries to Doha as a final destination (excluding transit in Doha) which will require a minimum stay of 5 days.
•Maximum stay: 1 month
•All tickets must be purchased at least 4 days in advance of travel.
•Discount applies to instant purchases only.
•Discount applies to Economy and Business Class return tickets. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
•Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: O and Q for Economy, I and A for Business and First Class travel.
•Fares include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges. Service fees may apply for tickets purchased at Qatar Airways sales offices or through travel agents.
•Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
•Changes are allowed at a penalty of USD 250 on top of any fare differences. Cancellations before or after departures are non-refundable. In case of no-show, ticket has no value for use on any other service, and it is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-bookable.
Stopover is not permitted.
•Upgrade to higher class/cabin using Qmiles / Qcredits is not permitted.
•Standard child/infant discount apply.
•Please note that on selected dates and destinations, lower market–specific promotion fares may be available. All available options, together with the applicable terms & conditions for each fare will be displayed at time of booking for you to make your selection.
•Other terms & conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Duplicate

Last edited by ExpatSomchai; Mar 3, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
20% off sale ex Cairo with QR
Ummm...you must have missed the post that already mentioned this and my post one up that includes the TOCs.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by skunker
Actually these promo fares prohibit stopovers.
You are talking about a different promo. The one you mentioned is only good round trip and books into I. It is only on sale March 3-6 and requires 04 days advance purchase. The one I posted is a D fare, good for either one way or return with no advance purchase requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.