Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
What dates are you looking at? I did late Aug. and only found *A price at that price is that what you're seeing as well?

Crossing my fingers for a OW match!!

For Thanksgiving, the return from CPT-YYZ was AC and BA. But that doesn't help either of us I guess
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 1k650
Did you find out which other European cities are included ?
CPH and 2 or 3 others are $1600 many others are $200-$300 more

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 22, 2014 at 3:03 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by seacarl
That last time the CX ex-MLE sale was discussed dates were only available until late Oct 2014. Has the schedule been extended?
Yes, it has been extended as far as the year ahead (JUN 2015).

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 22, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
For Thanksgiving, the return from CPT-YYZ was AC and BA. But that doesn't help either of us I guess
I tried the IATA Matirx, the AC website and then Hipmunk to look for fares in February. I was able to find the flights I wanted on Hipmunk (all *A, YYZ-LHR-JNB-CPT on AC and SA). Click to buy and it takes you to the AC website. Problem is that sometimes it does not and wants to link to Priceline or Travelocity. I went with one that linked to AC. Not sure if I would have had any problems getting AE points or not if I bought through another site.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by cfischer
The YYZ deals to South Africa are back as well. A few $$$ cheaper than in April/May but same ballpark ~ $2.5k
Big thread for those interested.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-july-1-a.html
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by cfischer
CPH and 2 or 3 others are $1600 many others are $200-$300 more
Greatly appreciate if you can list the ones that you have found work...Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by sfosuw
Yes, it has been extended as far as the year ahead (JUN 2015).
Does anyone know when you have to book this fare by?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:45 pm

Dunno if this is worth a mention here, but there are weird things going on with US paid F pricing into IAD next week. Specifically, fully flexible fares are pricing out significantly cheaper than non-refundable.

Examples:

Thurs 7/3 US 646 ANC-PHX, US 720 PHX-CLT, US 2852 CLT-IAD. Prices as $1913 non-refundable, $902 flexible.

Friday 7/4: Multiple LAX-CLT-IAD routings pricing out at $1400-$1800 non-refundable, $830 flexible.

Realize that this is the July 4 weekend, so maybe bad example, but same thing showing up for many dates.

Haven't really dug into this - no fares on the "steal" level of low prices, but if for some reason someone out there is looking for paid F to IAD, using oddball connecting routes...

EDIT: This appears to be working outbound from IAD as well, and far into the future. ITA supports this. I have not tried to purchase, nor am I really aware of a reason why one would want to purchase. I cannot verify whether these would actually go through as flexible or not.

Last edited by arlflyer; Jun 23, 2014 at 1:54 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Dunno if this is worth a mention here, but there are weird things going on with US paid F pricing into IAD next week. Specifically, fully flexible fares are pricing out significantly cheaper than non-refundable.

Examples:

Thurs 7/3 US 646 ANC-PHX, US 720 PHX-CLT, US 2852 CLT-IAD. Prices as $1913 non-refundable, $902 flexible.

Friday 7/4: Multiple LAX-CLT-IAD routings pricing out at $1400-$1800 non-refundable, $830 flexible.

Realize that this is the July 4 weekend, so maybe bad example, but same thing showing up for many dates.

Haven't really dug into this - no fares on the "steal" level of low prices, but if for some reason someone out there is looking for paid F to IAD, using oddball connecting routes...

EDIT: This appears to be working outbound from IAD as well, and far into the future. ITA supports this. I have not tried to purchase, nor am I really aware of a reason why one would want to purchase. I cannot verify whether these would actually go through as flexible or not.
interesting. a few other odd ones out there:

SMF-DFW-CLT-RDU $1000 flexible, $1900 nonrefundable, July 4th
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
interesting. a few other odd ones out there:

SMF-DFW-CLT-RDU $1000 flexible, $1900 nonrefundable, July 4th
From what I am seeing you can get a flexible roundtrip in F between anywhere on the west coast and IAD for about $1600, or ANC and IAD for about $1800, on a whole bunch of dates, if this actually sells.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by arlflyer
From what I am seeing you can get a flexible roundtrip in F between anywhere on the west coast and IAD for about $1600, or ANC and IAD for about $1800, on a whole bunch of dates, if this actually sells.
And it works from SFO to BOS as well.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: All of Them
NRT-SIN J r/t, 3 night stay, $816 bookable on hipmunk. ANA going, MU coming back. Wide open in September
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:36 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Richklhs
NRT-SIN J r/t, 3 night stay, $816 bookable on hipmunk. ANA going, MU coming back. Wide open in September
I can't find a single day with that price.
I checked Tokyo Narita (NRT) - Singapore (SIN) return ticket in Business class (J), ANA (NH) outbound and China Eastern (MU) homebound, minimum 3 nights stay in September 2014, on Hipmunk.com
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AHO
I can't find a single day with that price.
I checked Tokyo Narita (NRT) - Singapore (SIN) return ticket in Business class (J), ANA (NH) outbound and China Eastern (MU) homebound, minimum 3 nights stay in September 2014, on Hipmunk.com
How many dates did you try?

I found it at the very first attempt!

EDIT: It turns that the "ANA" flights are actually on Scoot (TZ201, with a stop in Taipei en-route) when you go through to Expedia to book - which I presume will have a big impact on mileage earning potential!!!

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 24, 2014 at 9:39 am
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:44 am

Be careful with Scoot Business class its really just Y+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.