Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
OW/*A BA PRG-North America 1100+ EUR RT

Fare: IL7SALE on BA/OW, PLNCZCZW on OS/*A

PRG-NYC, PRG-BOS etc, many dates avialalbe

PERMITTED 12APR 14 THROUGH 27APR 14 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by kokonutz
The MLE-JFK business class fare from the 2013 thread is still going strong. Just booked 2 MLE-HKG-JFK for USD 1,436.10 each.
Thanks for the reminder, 'Nutz. I'm not a OneWorld person but the fare seems too good to pass up. Never flown CX. What's great about this fare is the cancellation or rebooking fee is only USD 35. Open jaws (e.g., MLE-ORD, LAX-MLE) are also possible.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Thanks for the reminder, 'Nutz. I'm not a OneWorld person but the fare seems too good to pass up. Never flown CX. What's great about this fare is the cancellation or rebooking fee is only USD 35. Open jaws (e.g., MLE-ORD, LAX-MLE) are also possible.
Is this fare only good for flights originating out of MLE? Can't seem to find anything close to that with travel starting in JFK-MLE.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by DeltaBOSFlyer
Is this fare only good for flights originating out of MLE? Can't seem to find anything close to that with travel starting in JFK-MLE.
Yes. The majority of good deal fares aren't interchangeable with respect to origin and destination.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Starwood Platinum 50 Nights
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Yes. The majority of good deal fares aren't interchangeable with respect to origin and destination.
Not interchangeable, and practically never ex-U.S.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
understand not usually interchangeable...but posts said r/t

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I believe the above correction is more accurate.
several posts talked about lax-MLE and r/t options.
is this available r/t? couldn't find on matrix
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
several posts talked about lax-MLE and r/t options.
is this available r/t? couldn't find on matrix
Yes, it is available r/t and open jaw r/t, just look 6 posts up.

It has also been mentioned several times that these CX deals are only bookable via their website and don't show on Matrix.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
The key for us US-based (especially Oneworld hoarders) is to position to MLE on Qatar then OW and/or or RT to your heart's desire. And always on http://www.cathaypacific.com/

Or, you know, do the Maldives.

Personally, I am airline agnostic these days. But flying on CX in the new seats for this price...ROCKS.

Last edited by kokonutz; Jan 12, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by kokonutz
The key for us US-based (especially Oneworld hoarders) is to position to MLE on Qatar then OW and/or or RT to your heart's desire. And always on http://www.cathaypacific.com/

Or, you know, do the Maldives.

Personally, I am airline agnostic these days. But flying on CX in the new seats for this price...ROCKS.
Only to CX-served points though? I searched MLE-BOS, and it went up about $7000 .
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
FCO-EWR-IAH-SEA-IAH-EWR-FCO - United
P class
GBP £1362 (Base Fare GBP £903)
22707 EQMs
(No EQ$ requirement for UK members)
Easter 2014
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SAS
Does the fare allow stopovers in IAH and EWR?

Originally Posted by Markie
FCO-EWR-IAH-SEA-IAH-EWR-FCO - United
P class
GBP £1362 (Base Fare GBP £903)
22707 EQMs
(No EQ$ requirement for UK members)
Easter 2014
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
RE: CX MLE-JFK. Is CX ceasing MLE-HKG-MLE at the end of the Summer '14 schedule? No flights appearing as operating post October.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
On the CX MLE-USA fare, is there any benefit to booking the Standard vs Save? Save books in "I" bucket and Standard in "D", there is about a $100 difference r/t. The benefits comparison that CX provides shows no difference between these two fare buckets.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by whimike
On the CX MLE-USA fare, is there any benefit to booking the Standard vs Save? Save books in "I" bucket and Standard in "D", there is about a $100 difference r/t. The benefits comparison that CX provides shows no difference between these two fare buckets.

I fare allows only one stopover while D fare allows two stopovers in HKG, and of course D fare has a slightly better availability in case you need to change date or flight.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by sfosuw
I fare allows only one stopover while D fare allows two stopovers in HKG, and of course D fare has a slightly better availability in case you need to change date or flight.
For an extra $100 I would pick the D fare and ignore the I fare at any situation @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.