Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List airports with body imaging scanners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Yes, Id also like to get a good idea of the New York situation. Will be there at the end of the month (EWR) flying internationally with CO.

Anyone there to second my sticky request?

Till
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
EDIT: Anyone know if SNA has the MMW machines?

Reason I ask is SNA is on my schedule for next week. If no one knows, I will find out.
When I was there in July they did not have the strip search machines.

Does anyone know if SFO has added one to the T1 AS/WN/US gates?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: CO, AA, HHonors, Marriott
I flew EWR - ORF this past week. No machines in terminal A (EWR) that I could see and none in ORF either.
I flew EWR - SJU 2 months ago and didnt see any in terminal C (EWR) or in SJU.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: too many of the few that are left
Originally Posted by LoganTSO
Actually, the latest PV post has the link to the MMW page there... and there's a big ole' map and list right there.
...which does not list all locations they are present, unless removals have been done at some airports.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 5:05 pm

Anyone know specifics about the machines at JFK (any terminal)?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Not sure if this has been mentioned as I have not read thru all seven pages, but thought it was worth pointing out. WRT the scanners at JAX...they only have one and it is quite easy to avoid if you wish. Towards the front of the TSA queue there are TWO lines you can enter: a right and a left (although at first glance it will appear to be one line). If you pick the left side you will almost certainly avoid the x-ray vision goggles as they are on the right side of the security area. 99% of the time the TSA there let you pick your own screening line after they check your BP/I.D. There's usually four stations open and the two on the right side both funnel into the naughty machine.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Just was at IND yesterday and had some time. They moved one of the scanners from Concourse B to A. So now there is one scanner each in A and B concourse. They are both in lane 3. It was a bit hard to see if they are in lane 2 or 3 but still I hope that helps.

Also added drummingcraig's tips on JAX.

Till

Airports WITH body scanners:

ABQ
ATL
BUR
BWI (A,B,D concourse no way to avoid them but not primary)
CLE (Concourse A no scanners. Concourse B two scanners; TSA tells you where to go or not. Concourse C lanes 6&7 have scanners; can be avoided by choosing other lane.)
DCA (are they still there?)
DEN
DFW (only Terminal D, checkpoints 18&22)
DTW
IAH (Terminal E but you get choice of lanes)
IND (both A and B concourse on checkpoint 3, choice of lanes with no scanner)
JAX (1 scanner, avoid if taking the TSA line to the left, the two lanes on the right funnel to the scanner)
JFK (not on the TSA list but somebody mentioned it)
LAS (That new A/B/C checkpoint upstairs has it. Not primary. The old C checkpoint by the train does not have it.)
LAX (T5 checkpoint - DL/NW concourse+AeroMexico. Use T6 instead and take underground tunnel to T5)
MIA
PHX (only in checkpoint B & D at terminal 4--not primary at the D checkpoint. I don't think I've even seen it to be honest.)
RDU (only in T2 and not as primary)
ROC (apparently not yet in operation but machine is there)
RIC
SFO (In international terminal, primary but optional. None at T1 Gates 20-36, domestic.)
SLC (T2 (DL) but not T1)
TPA (Airside E checkpoint - AC/DL/NW/UA)
TUL

Airports WITHOUT Bodyscanners:

AUS
BUF
CLT
ELP
EWR
FLL
GEG
HNL
ICT
JFK in DL terminal 2/3.
LAX (T1 WN/US, T3 AS/VX)
MCI
MCO
MSP
MSY
OAK
OKC
OMA
ORD (not on the TSA list, T1 definitely clear)
PDX
SJC
SEA
SYR
TUS
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
AMS

They are setting them up at some gates in AMS. Also at the gate is a TV monitor running a continuous propoganda piece on them to convince you of how easy and convenient it will be if you're capable of holding your arms up for 3 seconds. Not a clue or hint as to how intrusive the images actually are. The only results implied on the propoganda monitor are a black silhouette.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by tfar
DCA (are they still there?)
As of last week: YES at the US Airways pier (gates 35+), NO at the UA/AA/F9 pier (26-35?) and not sure about the other two checkpoints.

Airports WITHOUT Bodyscanners:
Based on my recent trips, you can add:
BOS (C 25-36 checkpoint)
COS (only one checkpoint)
TLH (only one checkpoint)
ORD (terminal 3 also clear)
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Went through EWR terminals A and C yesterday. No scanners to be seen.

Till
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: CO/DL
Originally Posted by tfar
CLE (Concourse A no scanners. Concourse B two scanners; TSA tells you where to go or not. Concourse C lanes 6&7 have scanners; can be avoided by choosing other lane.)

IAH (Terminal E but you get choice of lanes)
The nude machine has been removed from IAH terminal E, at the time I was there last week it had not been moved to C or B, not sure about A or the connector between C/E.

A coworker just returned from CLE on Wednesday and he reported the nude machines were removed from C and B, he did not check concourse A.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:51 am

[QUOTE=RoadVeteran;12735479]The nude machine has been removed from IAH terminal E, at the time I was there last week it had not been moved to C or B, not sure about A or the connector between C/E.

As of 4:00pm Monday, October 26, no nude-o-scope at the C/E connector.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Any of the AA checkpoints at MIA not use these?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 5:57 am
Suspended

Have the strip-search machines returned to any of the airports from which they were apparently removed?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoadVeteran
The nude machine has been removed from IAH terminal E, at the time I was there last week it had not been moved to C or B, not sure about A or the connector between C/E.

A coworker just returned from CLE on Wednesday and he reported the nude machines were removed from C and B, he did not check concourse A.
[QUOTE=txboris;12737563]
Originally Posted by RoadVeteran

As of 4:00pm Monday, October 26, no nude-o-scope at the C/E connector.
Originally Posted by doober
Have the strip-search machines returned to any of the airports from which they were apparently removed?

A retreat without substitute or ruse from the TSA? Hard to believe. Maybe the machines were in need of repair or upgrades (stronger rays?).

Can we get some more confirmations for CLE and IAH before I update the list? I'd hate to take the warnings out and have people run into scanners afterwards. THANKS!

Till

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.