Wiki Posts
Search

Luke Duke (Tom Wopat) busted for Pot at MKE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Luke Duke (Tom Wopat) busted for Pot at MKE

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/29809244.html

Happened back on the 26th, but just noticed the news today as I was out of town.

"The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department confirms that Tom Wopat, also known as Luke Duke, was busted at Mitchell International after being caught with marijuana.

Spokeswoman Kim Brooks says the Transportation Security Administration called deputies after finding the pot on Wopat.

The Sheriff's Department issued Wopat a $500 citation. He had 1.2 grams of pot."
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Glad TSA's keeping aviation safe from pot heads.

Question is: did they find the drugs incident to a bag check, or did they call the bag check because they saw the drugs?

If it's the latter, I hope he fights the siezure.

Super
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Busted by the equivalent of Roscoe P. Coltrane. How embarassing.

I'm sure Boss Hogg or one of his flunkys will make a pithy statement about how such important seizures by the Communist Party keep us all safe.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
He should have taken the General Lee.

Ah kneeeew.... gas prices!
Old Sep 30, 2008, 12:37 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
and the clock starts now......

any guesses as to when the tsa will self implode (i mean self promote) on it's website?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 2:31 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
What is this world coming to when people are so stupid they can't smuggle 1.2 grams of pot, what is that, a tablespoon? A joint? Is there anybody here who lacks the skill, I'm not saying you would, but you could, demetallize yourself and walk nonchalantly through a WTMD with 1.2g in your pocket??

I'd like to hear more about how Wopat managed to get caught with such a paltry stash.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Superguy
Question is: did they find the drugs incident to a bag check, or did they call the bag check because they saw the drugs?
Would likely have to be the first, unless he kept his stash in some kind of leaded-crystal vase or something else worthwhile that would need to have a look taken at it (but, even so, the search would have been to ascertain that nothing was hinky about the vase that we couldn't see through).

That small of an amount of marijuana in an x-ray would be the closest thing to invisible you'd ever not see.

Originally Posted by mbstone
I'd like to hear more about how Wopat managed to get caught with such a paltry stash.
You'd be surprised what people do with the stuff.

One incident involved the gentleman being sent to hand-wanding because, even though he had his stash in his pocket... he had it all wrapped up in aluminum foil.

Another guy, apparently not really in his whole mind, was taking out everything in his pockets and just dropped his bag right there into the bowl in front of a TSO.

Another guy being sent for wanding randomly, refused to be screened, which means the STSO is required to notify the local LEOs. Normally this involves asking a few questions and then the LEO letting them go without incident, but apparently in this case the cop decided that the guy was acting suspicious. It was eventually discovered that he had marijuana on his person, but I don't know the rest of the details about that event. I don't think the police officer would have had probable cause to justify a search of the man, so he probably talked himself into consent. If he had just submitted to the HHMD search in the first place, it'd have never been discovered at all.

Originally Posted by goalie
any guesses as to when the tsa will self implode (i mean self promote) on it's website?
I'm guessing never. If it even gets a blurb I'd be shocked. These things happen all the time, man. TSA doesn't announce every single time it catches prohibited items or contraband, and even the fact that it's a celebrity (or former celebrity, whatever) isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Last edited by HSVTSO Dean; Sep 30, 2008 at 7:10 am
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:42 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by HSVTSO Dean
I'm guessing never. If it even gets a blurb I'd be shocked. These things happen all the time, man. TSA doesn't announce every single time it catches prohibited items or contraband, and even the fact that it's a celebrity (or former celebrity, whatever) isn't that big of a deal anymore.
like this: http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happeni..._revealed.shtm

or these non-national security self-promotes
http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happeni...na_winter.shtm
http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happeni..._cottrill.shtm

you know me, it's not the people, it's the system and what the system focuses on
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
Busted by the equivalent of Roscoe P. Coltrane. How embarassing.

I'm sure Boss Hogg or one of his flunkys will make a pithy statement about how such important seizures by the Communist Party keep us all safe.
I disagree.... Roscoe P Coltrane was a reasonable good cop. IMhO it was more like getting busted by Cletus or Enos.

Furthermore, he was VERY lucky this wasn't Chickasaw County... Sheriff Little would have had him working on the chain gang
Old Sep 30, 2008, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by mbstone
<SNIP> I'd like to hear more about how Wopat managed to get caught with such a paltry stash.
Perhaps he had some paraphernalia with him as well that was not reported.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:43 pm

like this: http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happeni..._revealed.shtm

or these non-national security self-promotes
http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happeni...na_winter.shtm
http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happeni..._cottrill.shtm

you know me, it's not the people, it's the system and what the system focuses on
Your first example was about BDO's. TSA is still high on the great work that the BDO's do and they want everyone to know it.

Last edited by Haveaniceday; Oct 1, 2008 at 12:51 pm
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P, IC Priority Club Gold
1.2 grams???? Lol. Why not just throw it away????
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Good Ole Boy Tom is just lucky he wasn't busted in Dixieland. Long ago, Aaron Neville (of the Neville Brothers) served 3.5 years in prison in Louisiana for possession of two joints.

It would make a lot of sense for TSA to ignore simple drug possession, but I guess these busts help them justify their efforts and budgets. Yes, Senator, we're fighting the War on Terror, but we're also helping out in the War on Drugs.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:18 pm

He's just a good ol' boy

Never meanin' no harm

Beats all you ever saw

Been in trouble with the law

Since the day he was born
Old Oct 2, 2008, 9:04 am

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
Originally Posted by Mikey likes it
He's just a good ol' boy

Never meanin' no harm

Beats all you ever saw

Been in trouble with the law

Since the day he was born
----------------
Got some good ol' dope
Ain't no Mexican rope....

Anyone remember Robert Parrish's infamous Celtic green?
It astonishes me how stupid people are with drugs at airports. Stick with psychs - impossible to find. If you're going weed, then friggin' make cookies or bring kif (the powdery stuff) or hash. Havin' a baggie of award winning budage is just, plain, dumb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.